Help:- So many different types of slant razors

You mean the Razor Rock German 37 slant
Thanks for FTFM.
Check out the new Parker “Semi-Slant” razor which is supposed to be far smoother than RR German 37 and the Merkur 37C/39C slant.
Is smoother less efficient though?
I should start a new thread and ask the forum if anyone has experience with Parker “Semi-Slant”

Is smoother less efficient though?
I should start a new thread and ask the forum if anyone has experience with Parker “Semi-Slant”

The Parker “Semi-Slant” supposed to be smoother and a little bit more efficient during the shave.

Check out some YouTube clips on the Parker “Semi-Slant”

I have these three (left to right)
Merkur 37c,Pomco and Hoffritz slants
If the design works stick with it ;)
Slants.jpg

I own the Merkur 37C, PAA OC Bakelite & Alpha Ecliptic Bakelite, iKon X3 & 102 plus a Maggards slant which is similar to the X3 in geometry. I have difficulty shaving with the Bakelites as the have too much blade feel, leaving me with weepers and the Alpha Ecliptic is more 'aggressive' than my R41 and I have only managed to complete 2 full shaves with it as I find the blade feel very off putting.

My preference is the 37C as it has a shorter handle and shaves smoothly but I can say that of the X3/Maggards as the all share similar design and shave on the milder side which I enjoy when seeking a quick, 2 pass shave. Surprisingly the 102 with its heavier/square shaped head shaves very smoothly and I'm more enclined to say it may be the most efficient of the lot...?

As for the Parker Semi Slant - from what I've seen it looks like a 39C with its longer handle and shaves smoothly with a tad more efficiency than the 37C and for this reason I'm going to give it a pass as I already own too many similar slants and if I was to upgrade I would consider trying an ATT but I'm on a self impossed 'sabbatical' and don't need anymore DEs taking up space in my den... At least for the time being :nailbiting:

Hi @SpeedyPC I stumbled across this thread while googling Razor Rock German 39 in Aus. I noticed your passion for the Muhle R41 along with @StratMan and @Razor Burn and a few others and I have recently purchased one from @Davec36 which I am looking forward to trying when AusPost finaly deliver (I'll have a Beast and a Sledgehammer). I wonder if I prefer razors on the aggressive side but have not experienced enough yet. IMHO an efficient shave is how smooth it feels after a single pass WTG. How did your foray into slants go? Did you like the X3 and purchase more slants? I am thinking of getting an X3 head from Maggards and a RR 39 from vshod, both under $50 and if neither of these replace the sledgehammer then I will finally settle with that.

good luck @Holiday hope you enjoy your R41.. let us know how you get along.

i cannot say enough good things about this razor, paired up with a feather is a whisker killing machine!! i personally dont find it overly aggressive at all, has a bit of blade feel but in a good way and super efficient..

I have the ATT S1 and it is a fantastic razor - very versatile as it can take care of 1 week growth as easily and as smoothly as of 1 days worth of growth...

The best 2 slants IMO are sadly not produced anymore.

The Razorock Stealth Slant V1, which is a fantastic razor, but has a large head geometry

The Hoffritz TRAVEL slant is IMO one of the best razors ever made - super efficient, yet super smooth. Unfortunately not only out of production, but also made out of ZAMAC and therefore I use it very rarely. Still would love for someone to make an exact clone of it in a durable material

Hi @SpeedyPC I stumbled across this thread while googling Razor Rock German 39 in Aus. I noticed your passion for the Muhle R41 along with @StratMan and @Razor Burn and a few others and I have recently purchased one from @Davec36 which I am looking forward to trying when AusPost finaly deliver (I'll have a Beast and a Sledgehammer). I wonder if I prefer razors on the aggressive side but have not experienced enough yet. IMHO an efficient shave is how smooth it feels after a single pass WTG. How did your foray into slants go? Did you like the X3 and purchase more slants? I am thinking of getting an X3 head from Maggards and a RR 39 from vshod, both under $50 and if neither of these replace the sledgehammer then I will finally settle with that.
Hey Holiday you take care with take R41 mate
I purchased one many years ago
I guess they are still the same all I know
Is that babe can bite if you get your technique
wrong or if your pissed when you decide to
Shave
Paul

Hey Holiday you take care with take R41 mate
Thanks Paul, I will be extra careful. Any bleeders and it will be out of rotation quick smart.
I have a PAA Bakelite Open Comb Slant that opened a bleeder every time, its now a display item
or if your pissed
Pissed drunk or pissed angry, I wouldn't want to shave either.