Here's one for watch folks...

Mong.

doesn't care for Euro Palmolive
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical
So after persisting with my relatively straightforward Seiko 5 series for a little while, I thought it was time to invest in a nice dress watch seeing as I'm not a bit more involved in the corporate world. I wanted something that could be casual enough for every day wear in the office, but also look good dressed up in a suit. A had a long hunt around and considered many different makes and models, but in the end I settled on one that just clicked.

imageedit_2_5697257887.jpg

Excuse the shitty purple tinged photo, it was a bit dark inside.

This is a Tissot Le Locle automatic, on a crocodile skin band with a deployment clasp. It was pricey, but I really like the clean and relatively simple face and the textured circle adds a bit more personality. I'm not in a hurry to spend as much cash as this again (up next, an Orient Mako), but this is going to be the centre piece of my collection for a little while.

It's a 39-40mm diameter case with a Swiss-made 2824-2 movement. Aside from being a bit noisy, so far it's keeping extremely good time. It's losing between 5-10 seconds each day so far, which is no problem for me.

By way of a PSA, this was purchased through Creation Watches in Singapore. It was extremely well handled with free DHL shipping that arrived four days after purchase (two of which were the weekend). Very solidly packed and good communication throughout. I highly recommend them as a seller.

Nice Mong! You won't be able to wear your volleys with that one! I love watches, always wanted a seamaster but spend the money on shaving soap instead [emoji11]

She's a beauty! [emoji106]

Nice indeed! Love my Dunhill as my daily dress-watch…and something like this would be a very nice complement….hmmmm…

BTW: the purple tinge is easily fixed, shoot RAW in-camera and adjust white balance (WB) in post-processing….or if you must shoot jpg then adjust WB in-camera beforehand - maybe tungsten or cloudy unless you're good with your Kelvins.

Love a Tissot, specifically the T-Sport models but the Le Locle is a great watch at a competitive price. Creationwatches does a great deal on them.

Which Mako are you going for? I'm pissed off that they don't do a yellow anymore, it was their signature colour.

BTW: the purple tinge is easily fixed, shoot RAW in-camera and adjust white balance (WB) in post-processing….or if you must shoot jpg then adjust WB in-camera beforehand - maybe tungsten or cloudy unless you're good with your Kelvins.

Good tips, but unfortunately, they sail right past on me. These are just iPhone snaps re-sized, cropped and bordered. Next time I'll go outside and take advantage of the natural light. Appreciate the advice though mate, you've motivated me to think a little bit more about photography now.

Love a Tissot, specifically the T-Sport models but the Le Locle is a great watch at a competitive price. Creationwatches does a great deal on them.

Which Mako are you going for? I'm pissed off that they don't do a yellow anymore, it was their signature colour.

I'm not huge on chrono's, but some of the T-sport ones are niiiice! For the Mako, I'm thinking either dark blue (if I can find one) or black. Not the most imaginative in colour choices, but if I decide to spring for something colourful in the future then it puts the Orange Monster in play without feeling like I'm just doubling up. The orange Mako actually looks okay too.

Before I settle I need to go back and have a look at the Vostok's, actually.

Well the Vostok is fine if you need a daily beater. I get into server racks and some other tight places which aren't great for them.

Considered a Pepsi in the Mako??

*Hands @stillshunter a glass of 666 whilst lamenting over how it never actually does stop*

Hmmm, fine alcohol :)
Now there's a topic to change to.
What's your preferred drop mate ?

Last edited:
*Accepts the glass, swirls, sniffs, shrugs and then swigs the content in a single mouthful*
Sighs and says: "Thanks mate, got the time?"
Time for another mayhap ?

*Accepts the glass, swirls, sniffs, shrugs and then SPITS the content in a BUCKET*
Sighs and says: "Thanks mate, got the time?"

FTFY :)

All about the taste mate!

Well where do I start ....