Hi diddly ho from way down below

MrPeanut

Grand Society
Hello all im Mr Peanut but some call me Josh.
Coming to you from, but fairly new to the good ol state of Tasmania where dreams and other heeby jeebys come alive.

I was watching an old western years back with a shaving scene in it and fell in love with the art of shaving like a real man, so i started using a shavette at 15 when my 1 chin hair grew in and fast forward 10 yrs i upgraded to a DE because i needed something faster now that theres a toddler about.
Loving it and building the collection.

I like taking long walks on the beach and taylor of old bond st eaton college shaving cream and finally scored 2 tubs of NO which im still waiting for.
Still trying to try a few more soaps and aftershaves but getting there.

So yeah hello pleased to meet you all

My golly gosh i forgot to put it in there, i broke the seal with a Muhle rocca R94, have found that razor coupled with derby premium blades = 0 cuts and can barely feel it which i kinda like.
Doing the rain dance for a timeless bronze though.
Welcome to P&C - nice to see a fellow Rocca R94 fan. (y)
I'm yet to pair it with a Derby as other blades work superbly but I'm willing to give it a go!
Which Bronze version do you seek as they're complete opposites - SB very mild yet smooth & OC a beast due to the pronounced blade feel from the squarish OC teeth... Lovely razor though ;)

Welcome to P&C - nice to see a fellow Rocca R94 fan. (y)
I'm yet to pair it with a Derby as other blades work superbly but I'm willing to give it a go!
Which Bronze version do you seek as they're complete opposites - SB very mild yet smooth & OC a beast due to the pronounced blade feel from the squarish OC teeth... Lovely razor though ;)
Im loving the R94 so far so i think itll be the SB bronze, wish more people didnt like them though and moved em along, id love one full of patina

Im loving the R94 so far so i think itll be the SB bronze, wish more people didnt like them though and moved em along, id love one full of patina
Don't get me wrong its a "solid" performer that shaves smoothly but I can never get it to shave my troublesome spots ever so close.
I love shiny things so polish mine every now and then and the end product is always super nice! :)
I'm amazed how TRB38 is as efficient as say a 34C or DE/EJ89 but heavy like a Rockwell 6S + R3 plate performance.

Don't get me wrong its a "solid" performer that shaves smoothly but I can never get it to shave my troublesome spots ever so close.
I love shiny things so polish mine every now and then and the end product is always super nice! :)
I'm amazed how TRB38 is as efficient as say a 34C or DE/EJ89 but heavy like a Rockwell 6S + R3 plate performance.
Yeah ive heard the weight of them is great. I like the fact theyve got the open gullys below the bar, thats the only pain in the butt with the R94 is if youve got a bit of extra growth youre rinsing after each small pass otherwise she plugs up badly.

Hi @MrPeanut, and welcome aboard on our little forum. Good to have another Tassie dweller here :)

Agree with your comment re the R9x choking up. That's an issue I had too, until I got in the habit of making my lather extra wet when using that razor. And some soaps just do that anyway... :rolleyes:

Hi @MrPeanut, and welcome aboard on our little forum. Good to have another Tassie dweller here :)

Agree with your comment re the R9x choking up. That's an issue I had too, until I got in the habit of making my lather extra wet when using that razor. And some soaps just do that anyway... :rolleyes:
Yeah i notice theres a few tazzie devils on here, will have to give the local blue devils a go and see if hes up to par😬, great to be able to basically pick something up on the doorstep.

Yeah noticed the soaps ive got so far like the water but i do enjoy the creams, feels super thick

Welcome @MrPeanut !

Great to have you onboard :)