Hi from Adelaide

So a real straight is easier??? Might have to try then one day...
You walked into that one @alfredus , as I believe @Nonick, as a part of his cut-throat evangelism program, has been looking for an opportunity to start a Straight Pass Around Australia. Now that your hand's up, that light's green...

OK, if you use a badger or horse: soak the brush and then really wring it dry
If you use a boar: soak the brush and then shake 3 times really hard out excess water.

I don't know how well your brush lathers (i.e. how much backbone it has) so I don't want to give you an exact time. But the soap is more on the concentrated side, and you won't need as much. So maybe 15 sec with a boar and 30 sec- 1 min with a badger. Again it all depends on your exact brush, but having said that, I don't think overloading is ever a problem.

Then lather for 30 sec and if you need add a couple of drops water. Now here is the tricky part: like all so called Vegetable soaps I have encountered so far, the soap takes very little water and is very quickly over-hydrated. You see that straight away with small bubbles forming - then the lather is very poor. So you really have to keep it on the creamy side and don't try to put too much air in there - so none of that whipped cream business :D

Hope I could help
Thanks Alfredus for your lengthy advice and tips.

I've actually lathered with it at least half a dozen times. I've used boar, badger and synthetic (Muhle STF @stillhunter). None work.

I always soak my natural brushes, and I give it a good load. I've had no previous troubles with veggie soaps - but this ain't just a veggie soap- it's a specialty synthetically derived from vegetable matter soap. Either way, the only thing that I think may be the issue is that I have started with slightly too much water. That's it from what you've said.

Actually, I reckon that's it!!!! Because I like to add a little water to a hard soap at the same time as I soak my brush. So I've probably flooded it with too much water to begin with!!!!

Hmmmmm..... I'll give it a test lather tonight to find out. It can't wait until morning.

Thanks for all the warm welcome!

Since I seem to have no posting privileges here yet (what do I need to do?) - here a link to a B&B post I created. It is with a boar brush - but I could also do one with a badger, if you need it. Basically the soaps needs very very little water. That's the whole trick. So just start with a super dry brush and it should be good...

First, linking posts from B&B on loading a brush is shaky ground. Besides you didn't specify whether you loaded the brush anti clockwise or not. If you do it, at least make it as parodic as possible.

Second, give lots of likes and keep posting.

Thanks Alfredus for your lengthy advice and tips.

I've actually lathered with it at least half a dozen times. I've used boar, badger and synthetic (Muhle STF @stillhunter). None work.

I always soak my natural brushes, and I give it a good load. I've had no previous troubles with veggie soaps - but this ain't just a veggie soap- it's a specialty synthetically derived from vegetable matter soap. Either way, the only thing that I think may be the issue is that I have started with slightly too much water. That's it from what you've said.

Actually, I reckon that's it!!!! Because I like to add a little water to a hard soap at the same time as I soak my brush. So I've probably flooded it with too much water to begin with!!!!

Hmmmmm..... I'll give it a test lather tonight to find out. It can't wait until morning.
Really hope it works for you - it is a great soap!

First, linking posts from B&B on loading a brush is shaky ground. Besides you didn't specify whether you loaded the brush anti clockwise or not. If you do it, at least make it as parodic as possible.

Second, give lots of likes and keep posting.
You are right - I am left handed and load my brushes always clockwise - I thought that is a given :D:D:D

Really hope it works for you - it is a great soap!
Ok. So this soap is weird. It basically wants no water! I got some good lather on my hand- nice and thick with virtually no bubbles. It seems ok. 100x better than what I had before. So thanks for the tip!!!

I'll have a shave with it again in the near future. We'll see how she fares. It's so strange that it requires virtually no water. But I guess it's been engineered that way...

Now you've buggered it. Left handers always load anti clockwise.
Yeah the boring left handed tossers maybe - not the real lather kings - those left hander's always, and I mean always load clockwise :cool:

Ok. So this soap is weird. It basically wants no water! I got some good lather on my hand- nice and thick with virtually no bubbles. It seems ok. 100x better than what I had before. So thanks for the tip!!!

I'll have a shave with it again in the near future. We'll see how she fares. It's so strange that it requires virtually no water. But I guess it's been engineered that way...
Fantastic, very glad I could help!

I do now even wring my boar brush and always start the whole process with as little water as possible. I find it gives me a better result - even with thirsty soaps like Mike's - to slowly add the water.

Loading a brush, regardless of how wet it is, you can hear and feel when you've got as much loaded as you can. The brush'll go from making nice high pitched bubbly sounds to lower pitched grunty ones and it'll become harder to move it across the surface of the soap as both the brush and soap will have a similar friction co-efficient. Never in my life have I timed it and I'd suggest that times would differ wildly depending on the temperature of the water, the ambient temperature, the temperature of the soap, the initial hydration of the soap (one that's used often will be wetter than one that hasn't been used for a while) the type of bristles you're using etc etc. If you start with a really wet brush you'll end up with way too much lather (for face lathering anyhow) and if it's just damp maybe not enough. In any case I can't remember the last time I had to re-load halfway through a shave.

Anyhow, much to my surprise I haven't said hello. Hello alfredus. Sorry, that's going to become alf or alfie in a very short space of time. Three syllables is really asking too much.

Loading a brush, regardless of how wet it is, you can hear and feel when you've got as much loaded as you can. The brush'll go from making nice high pitched bubbly sounds to lower pitched grunty ones and it'll become harder to move it across the surface of the soap as both the brush and soap will have a similar friction co-efficient. Never in my life have I timed it and I'd suggest that times would differ wildly depending on the temperature of the water, the ambient temperature, the temperature of the soap, the initial hydration of the soap (one that's used often will be wetter than one that hasn't been used for a while) the type of bristles you're using etc etc. If you start with a really wet brush you'll end up with way too much lather (for face lathering anyhow) and if it's just damp maybe not enough. In any case I can't remember the last time I had to re-load halfway through a shave.

Anyhow, much to my surprise I haven't said hello. Hello alfredus. Sorry, that's going to become alf or alfie in a very short space of time. Three syllables is really asking too much.
Yep - much better said than I ever could have.

And thanks for the welcome!

Hi and belated welcome!