Hi from Perth

miner

G'day All
I started shaving with a can of Gillette foamy and a GII razor. And apart from a few razor upgrades which basically added more blades to the cartridge, that's how I shaved for 35 years. Then 10 years ago I discovered traditional shaving on a watch forum of all places. Great fun, lots of AD's (razors, blades, brushes, soaps), and a very enjoyable 30 minutes each morning proper shaving. Nirvana lasted 3 years but then morning time became overwhelmed with the demands of kids and school and early sport and all those good things. The morning shave was reduced to a few minutes of foamy and cartridge.
I have only just recently reopened my shave den now the kids can look after themselves and its nice to be back to trad shaving. Its also great to see so many new artisan products on the market, a whole bunch of new AD's !!

BTW I hate this forum, in the past three weeks I have acquired 12 soaps, three razors and two brushes :)

G’day @miner welcome to P&C are you still digging for GOLD!!!

images

Merkur 34G Gold razor

Edwin_Jagger_DE89_Safety_Razor_Barley_Gold_Iso_1000x.jpg

Edwin Jagger DE89 Gold razor

Welcome Miner!

... in the past three weeks I have acquired 12 soaps, three razors and two brushes :)

Sounds like we have been very helpful! No need for thanks ;)

G'day @miner - welcome to the Forum.
It seems we have more in common that Perth and Wet Shaving ;).

Welcome to P&C @miner - great to have you here(y)

BTW I hate this forum, in the past three weeks I have acquired 12 soaps, three razors and two brushes
Welcome @miner. With a handle like that you will be used to going down the "rabbit hole". If there is a standout enabler, do share :)