High balls

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Whisky high balls I mean, you dirty minded bastards. With the weather being the way it is, I have been looking at other ways to enjoy a dram. Any ideas? Any Whisky I should try?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh, so you are all traditionalists? Well I tried the yamazaki and hakushu nas in a high ball in Tokyo and they were great. Wouldn't do it with a high end whisky but a good way to enjoy a drink.

LOL - probably!

I've been having my rum with a few ice cubes over summer - is that traditional @Rami?

My brother likes rum and ginger beer - is that the sort of thing you are including or just soda?

Wikipedia: Highball is the name for a family of mixed alcoholic drinks that are composed of an alcoholic base spirit and a larger proportion of a non-alcoholic mixer.
Sorry @Mark1966, your cubes don't count. [emoji16]

It's just that I was surprised at how different the soda made, it sorta muted some flavours. which I expected. But also enhanced others and changed the profile of the Whisky. Which I didn't. Especially the hakushu which I like more in a highball

Thought the weather would be a good time to experiment. Just no nasty alcohol + coke combos. Not looking to get wasted. :)

Wikipedia: Highball is the name for a family of mixed alcoholic drinks that are composed of an alcoholic base spirit and a larger proportion of a non-alcoholic mixer.
Sorry @Mark1966, your cubes don't count. [emoji16]

It's just that I was surprised at how different the soda made, it sorta muted some flavours. which I expected. But also enhanced others and changed the profile of the Whisky. Which I didn't. Especially the hakushu which I like more in a highball

Thought the weather would be a good time to experiment. Just no nasty alcohol + coke combos. Not looking to get wasted. :)

'larger proportion of a non-alcoholic mixer.' - ice cubes cannot be a mixer? :LOL:

OK, OK, maybe I am too traditional BUT the result is very different to neat.

Might try a whisky and soda just because I can now. I'm sure it would change the experience

'larger proportion of a non-alcoholic mixer.' - ice cubes cannot be a mixer? :LOL:

Might try a whisky and soda just because I can now. I'm sure it would change the experience
Ice cubes certainly do change the experience (from temperature affecting the nose, and the dilution). At least according to one of the blokes at work Dan Woolley. Might have to get a tasting session organised for Brisbane :)

Well ice can be a mixer. you will need your ice to be more than your alcohol for it to be a high ball thou.