• Hand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• (has to be a candy....right?)

• Total voters

$qwuzzy

Thought this was worthy of it's own thread (+ poll)

How/where do you build your lather?

I started out using a large mug/bowl thing, but lately using the MWF I've found it easiest to face lather in that it helps me judge the amount of water needed. Although on-the-move it's always been proraso in the hand, which still gives a great shave.

Soaps I lather in the bowl initially then on the face, creams I do in the bowl.

I face lather, it is an integral part of my prep and I agree it is the best way I know of judging the quality and readiness of my lather.

Face.

I prefer to spend the lather making time to scrub up and soften my beard, as I'm not one for hot towels and the ritualistic routine thing.

I get a better gauge for how it is when I'm building it that way. I get picky about lather, and like it just so.

Initially face lather. Use what's left in the brush and add more soap and/or water in a mug for extra passes if needed.
The better the brush and the more lather it holds, less chance of needing the mug, but it's always there warmed up if needed (its the mug I soak my brush in).

I chop and change all the time. In the middle of winter in Canberra, it's pretty hard to pass up a warm bowl but my new brush seems to do alot better with face lather. Apart from the temperature it really just depends on what product I'm using at the time. Cream is always a face lather, soap can be face or bowl, depending which one it is.

I'm mainly a face lather now, using my old bowl to hold hot water to add to the brush as I go.

Although travelling I lather on the hand, but that's probably got more to do with me not having the hang of lathering proraso on the face!

So how do you all face lather with cream?

I put a nugget in the bowl and work it with the brush until I have a suitable lather then I paste ze face...

Do you put said nugget on the tips of the brush? Is a bowl used at all in face lathering?

Noobish questions indeed but I would appreciate if someone could clarify this.

Well I don't really use creams all that often.
But with Proraso I start with a small bit in my hand, start working up the lather, and then finish building on the face.

Face for loading product and lathering. Aside from the fact that stubble is a good thing because it means it's shave time it also is fantastic for rubbing soap in to and for creating lather. Stubble should be incorporated in the inside surface of lathering bowls. Now there's an idea. Have a stubblefied bowl. I know just the place to sell it. I'll just pretend it's a traditinal Italian barber bowl. I know cause my Uncle was a barber in the red light district of Naples and he gave me one on his deathbed. Man I'm almost in tears myself. We're gonna make a killing guys!

Since I am mainly a cream guy, I usually go for a bowl.

I have face-lathered creams though, mainly while travelling. As long as I have a clean washbasin, I can also lather up there.

As for soaps, I face lather - either by sink or loading a brush, getting it all over my face then adding water into it.

Since I am mainly a cream guy, I usually go for a bowl.

I have face-lathered creams though, mainly while travelling. As long as I have a clean washbasin, I can also lather up there.

As for soaps, I face lather - either by sink or loading a brush, getting it all over my face then adding water into it.

I'm revlieved to see I'm not in the company of hand latherers. There's something very strange about that. A bit wanky.

I'm revlieved to see I'm not in the company of hand latherers. There's something very strange about that. A bit wanky.

lol.
I have to admit I've been guilty of beginning my lathers on my hand, but only with creams. It's the easiest way of loading the brush before going to town on my face.

I typically bowl lather. I almost always shave after a shower so the whiskers are as hydrated as they are going to get. Lathering in the bowl also gives me a convenient place to put the brush between passes

I do face lather from time to time but I don't feel like it is a superior method for me. Multi option poll FTW!

welcome smallyetdeadly. You've singlehandedly increased the active membership here by 10%. How a bout a name for this forum razormonsta. Saying welcome to Vision Collision is becoming a bit embarrassing.