Howdy from Oklahoma

OkieStubble

My name is Rob and I live in Oklahoma. Been wet shaving since a teenager in 1978 when I started with a Gillette Trac II and a can of foam. Switched to the Gillette Good News disposable in the 80's and the Mach 3 in the early 2000's. Became a member of B&B in 2010 and I am now very skilled in the art of shaving with all manner of razors. I have favorites in DE, SE, Injector, Straights and Shavette's and use them all regularly in rotation, to keep my skill & technique with them all. While I have spent the last few years, minimalizing my shave den down to just a few favorite soaps and razors, I have a collection of over 200 modern and vintage aftershaves.

Many months ago, I began noticing I was getting quite a few private messages, forum posts and questions from B&B members who are Australian, asking about my line of concocted aftershaves I call the 'Bootlegger's Series'. I also noticed, many of them are members here at Paste & Cut. I am very honored that so many Aussies were curious about my aftershave concoction's. I noticed one particular member here @TomG, began the task of taking the interest in collecting and acquiring all of the different cheap aftershaves in order to make the entire line of the Bootlegger's Series.

As an American, who is clueless to most things not on my side of the world, I didn't think much about it at first. I then decided, to google and research my own brand of Bootlegger's Aftershaves and was immediately astonished of the amount of online traffic, Bootlegger's was generating from the Aussie shave community. Paste & Cut, Reddit, Pinterest and a few others. While B&B is the only shave forum I have ever been a member of, I knew thru the grapevine, my Bootlegger's brand had become quite popular in the U.S. and on many other local Shave forums there. But what surprised me, is the amount of online conversation I seen coming from Australia! Reading many of those online conversations, made me understand, how difficult and costly it is, in order to receive things via shipping thru the mail.

I have always took that kind of stuff for granted. But not anymore. While it is impressive to see someone from Australia acquire the makings of one of my aftershaves in the series, it is absolutely astonishing to me, the commitment and effort and time over 18 months long, for @TomG to acquire and make the entire series of 7 aftershaves. This effort of his, is what made me decide to join this forum, in order to follow his journey with Bootlegger's.

However, after spending just a small amount of time reading and researching current and old posts here at Paste & Cut. I have found the Aussie people to be some of the most pleasant, cool and laid back folk one would ever want to meet. There is just this chilled vibe you all give off that makes me want to come back and visit and be apart of the Aussie shave culture. :) I realize commitment and perseverance is just only, a couple of the great characteristics of the Australian culture and people.

Bootlegger's is what brought me. But I'm staying because I find the commitment, perseverance and pleasant nature of the Australian people, fascinating. :)

-Rob

Do I have to give you a bloody big kiss :kiss:

Otherwise, welcome to KAOS! P&C :happy:

images

Thank you for your kind words, Rob, but it is I who must thank you for all your pioneering work in developing the Bootleggers Series.
I have been genuinely surprised by the quality of the various Bootleggers blends - who knew that you could blend together some drugstore aftershaves, and get such a great result!

And I am delighted that you have chosen to join us here on P&C - it is truly a top online community. Welcome!

Do I have to give you a bloody big kiss :kiss:

Otherwise, welcome to KAOS! P&C :happy:/QUOTE]

Welcome OkieStubble. Including the Irish, Aussies are the most laid-back and self-deprecating folk on the planet. Did I also mention their brilliant sense of humour?

Welcome to P&C @OkieStubble - great to have you here (y)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I am now looking into getting some Imperial Leather to add to my AS collection. :)

Thank you for your kind words, Rob, but it is I who must thank you for all your pioneering work in developing the Bootleggers Series.
I have been genuinely surprised by the quality of the various Bootleggers blends - who knew that you could blend together some drugstore aftershaves, and get such a great result!

And I am delighted that you have chosen to join us here on P&C - it is truly a top online community. Welcome!

Thanks Tom. You are a class act and I am looking forward to being apart of this community. I enjoyed your reviews of the Bootlegger's Series and am pleased that you like them. :)

Welcome @OkieStubble !

Have never been to Oklahoma, but I have enjoyed from El Dorado I made with @TomG's encouragement!

Next trip to the US I'm hoping to stock up on ingredients for some of the others and share them here.

Really glad to have you on board mate