I heard someone around here likes Wodka/Post your alcohol collection thread :)

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner
A few pictures of my current collection for him to salivate over/enjoy :)
wodka 2.jpg
wodka 4.jpg

Last edited:
yes but you live in Blacktown Glen, where Centrelink Assistance is referred to as "me fuggin payday", and is viewed as a viable career path.

yes but you live in Blacktown Glen, where Centrelink Assistance is referred to as "me fuggin payday", and is viewed as a viable career path.

Noy quite Jug - Mt Druitt is where I reside or Whalan if you want to be more particular and yes I have been on Assistance for some years (DSP) but also work 40hours a week. (One should realise that Housos is actually a TV program not a real lfe documentary).

My deepest apologies sir.

Absolutely none required Jug - When you live in Sydneys west you become very accustomed to stereotypes being used (and I never take offence you should hear us go on about the toffee nosed trendoids of Sydneys North Shore). And despite its fearsome reputation The Druitt has become very middle class over the past couple of decades (just like me). :)

Well I lived in Baulkham Hills and went to Blacktown Army Cadets. My brother lives in a suburb just outside Blacktown. Mt Druitt did have a bad reputation back in the day.

Mt Druitt did have a bad reputation back in the day.

Couldn't agree more, and some parts of it are still less than salubrious, what most people don't realise is that Mt Druitt is made up a a series of suburbs some heavy on Housing Commision and some heavy on private ownership. In my 20 plus years here nobody has attempted to steal from me mug me or otherwise interfere in my existance. It could of course be because I am a large gentleman and there are easier targets but I think what I said was partly true - as housing prices have risen more and more families are drifting to the outer fringes.

Never knew Vodka was spelt Wodka.

Wódka is the Polish spelling, and since both borked and I prefer the Polish examples of this distillate then we also tend to spell it that way.

BTW, Liquorland has Ketel One at 2 for $80

... I never take offence you should hear us go on about the toffee nosed trendoids of Sydneys North Shore

Guess where I grew up ....

Guess where I grew up ....

Let me see if I can work it out Happy Clapping Bean Counter making his living by gum flapping in Canberra - Tregear - nope Bidwell don't think so perhaps the wilder side of Campbelltown nah unlikely - Perhaps somewhere North of the bridge - I do think I could be close Snives possibly - not a big enough trendoid for Neutral Bay nope our Mark has all the trappings of an upper North Shore boy :) How I do?

Let's talk about Vodka in this thread for a change.

I've only tried Absolut and Smirnoff Some clear liquid in a bottle marked 'Smirnoff Vodka' but it was actually metho & water.

I need to expand my experiences with Wodka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant say I am a big Vodka (or Wodka) drinker, but each Christmas we have the Vodka challenge - A bottle of 42 below straight from the freezer a shot glass and one rule - no sipping. The stuff can hit like a depth charge when it hits the stomach The best anyone has done is 4 shots (mind you they didn't stay down for long - being on top of dinner beer and wine (although I recall my chilli bush thriving the next year :)

I need to expand my experiences with Wodka.

Would suggest going to Dan Murphys and getting anything other than those two.

Luksusowa (Potato) is my personal fave, but these are damn good too:
  • Wyborowa (Rye)
  • Zytnia Extra (Rye)
  • Zubrowka (Rye with the Bison Grass)

Except for the Zubrowka, you should be paying about the same as the Smirnchuck Red, maybe a $1-2 more.

Suggest putting them in the freezer, and after a few hours, pour one against a bottle of Smirnchuck and let it sit in the shotglass for about 2-3 minutes to let the temp rise a little. I'd be testing them against one another so you can understand the difference.

From the 'Easier to get' ranges from cheapest to most expensive, Russian Standard, Finlandia/Skyy, Russian Standard Gold Label, Ketel One.

I don't think it's worth going to a higher price bracket untill you can tell the difference between Luksusowa and Wyborowa in a double blind test, but if you do then Albsolut Elyx @ $49 from DM's is fantastic stuff. Don't pay the $65 everybody else wants for it though, because at Dan's price it is buy 3 get one free!

It's nice, but a bit on the sweet side for me. Wisonowa is rather interesting too, although strong in taste.

OK so I'm not a big vodka fan I'll admit but does anybody think this is a GOOD supplier Christmas gift?

Bottle-Vodka-Cranberry.jpg

Seriously? Bear Hug Cranberry Vodka?

$30 from Dan's - so we are really valued

Classy, grown-up beverage that exudes style and taste - not!

For less $$$ I could have sourced a great red, white or sparkling. Flavoured vodka - hmmmm, not impressive :amazed:

Tis the season of giving.
Re-gift it or seek an exchange upon something that is more palatable.