I know this is a pointless question?

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
I understand most of you soap-a-holics rarely use the one soap for more than one shave day at a time "but" on the off chance you ever used a single puck how long/how many shaves do you get per puck? I'm a one soap kinda guy and my 120gms lasts about 6 - 8 weeks I think.

I can look it up for you later for Stirling & Mike's. Mystic Waters for me is 17-19 uses per puck

Mystic Waters for me is 17-19 uses per puck

What the hell :D

I load with extreme prejudice but that is on a whole other level, do you strap the brush to a cordless hammer drill or something ? :p

I get around 45 to 50 shaves from a Puck of Mystic waters, I load for around 40 seconds with both Michelle's old formula and the new one.

@bald as It depends if the puck is hard or soft as to how long it lasts with the tripled milled hard pucks lasting me around 130 shaves or so and the softer ones around 70 to 80. It's one of those things that has so many variables. i.e brush size, pressure, number of passes etc ?I suspect everyone will be different.

I have only measured load quantity on Shaver Heaven, and only on two occasions. In those occasions I used an average of 5g per shave. So a 120g tub would last 24 shaves. Given the two sample pots of Mystic Waters lasted only three shaves I suspect MW would not last as long. MWF last significantly longer, and Tabac, well, I suppose I will be passing this onto my Son in 60years time.

I can look it up for you later for Stirling & Mike's. Mystic Waters for me is 17-19 uses per puck
"Look it up"?

What are members other than @Mark1966 maintaining spreadsheets?

OK we've moved into a new level of odd.

Guys please surely you're having a laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very few people think about this when discussing price or value in a soap. We hear all the time that MdC is crazy expensive but you get 200g and it lasts a loooong time. I've used mine 20 times or so and it has barely dented the top. There must be at least 200 shaves in there. And I load heavily.
I have a 1/2 oz Mystic Water sample that I've used 5 times and there's still 2 or 3 shaves left in it. So by that reckoning there should be 50-60 shaves in a tub. How big is your face @alfredus? :p
The only soap I have that I'm in danger of seeing the bottom of is P&B Spitfire, and that may be because a number of tins of the soap sold at Maggards were underweight.

Having gone through a few mwf pucks, each gives me about 1.5 shaves per gram of soap.

Softer soaps (e.g. mystic waters) give me 1 shave per gram of soap.

I understand most of you soap-a-holics rarely use the one soap for more than one shave day at a time "but" on the off chance you ever used a single puck how long/how many shaves do you get per puck? I'm a one soap kinda guy and my 120gms lasts about 6 - 8 weeks I think.

Really depends on the soap. A puck of Tabac can last probably a year with daily use. Those fancy artisan jobs seem to evaporate whenever you take the lid off.

You guys should move over to hard soap for example triple mill soap because it last a lot longer than soft soap or cream, and this is why I'm only supplying hard soaps and I've only got 2 The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream from my mother and is nearly half empty and one Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore Sapone da Barba Shaving Soap ;)

Last edited:
You guys should move over to hard soap for example triple mill soap because it last a lot longer than soft soap or cream, and this is why I'm only supplying hard soaps and I've only got 2 The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream from my mother and is nearly half empty and one Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore Sapone da Barba Shaving Soap ;)

Since when was it about saving money?

Its very true - my tabac and hard pucks seem to last forever. I must admit I couldn't believe how quickly my Shaver Heaven Spiced Mahogany was used up - it was fantastic but only lasted about 15 times. I used the container to hold my Ogallala Bay rum puck - which will last 20-30 x as long!!

:eek:
Its very true - my tabac and hard pucks seem to last forever. I must admit I couldn't believe how quickly my Shaver Heaven Spiced Mahogany was used up - it was fantastic but only lasted about 15 times. I used the container to hold my Ogallala Bay rum puck - which will last 20-30 x as long!!

OMG...10 Grams of soap per use? :eek:

Were you also using it as a bath soap? o_O

"Look it up"?

Guys please surely you're having a laugh.
I post all my SOTD and keep them also in a txt file - so just a word count is needed (but I do have some spreadsheets as well ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
"Look it up"?

Stillsy, you are a funny, funny man.

Those fancy artisan jobs seem to evaporate whenever you take the lid off.

It's all part of the 4oz or less, fancy wide tub with bugger all depth paradigm.

Also known as the bloody incredible shrinking shave soap - it's bloody incredible in so far as while the amount of soap in the tubs keeps shrinking, the price seems to creep up a few dollars with every successive 'seasonal' release.

It's all part of the 4oz or less, fancy wide tub with bugger all depth paradigm.

Also known as the bloody incredible shrinking shave soap - it's bloody incredible in so far as while the amount of soap in the tubs keeps shrinking, the price seems to creep up a few dollars with every successive 'seasonal' release.

Nothing wrong with the thin wide tubs per se, I like them. But I've tried a few artisans and they are very soft, and so you easily load up a fair bit without trying. They're just not made in the same way the olde hard soaps are. The hard tallows and triple mills seem unkillable. While I mainly use Tabac in cool months, and don't skimp on loading up, probably way more than any artisan, I replace it when it's running low. But in 9 years I've only bought 3 pucks of the stuff. Harris soaps last a very long time too.