Incoming packages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the 10029. Looks good. I will give it a shot. I know its a plastic handle but the Chrome is so shiny!
Plus I now have a spare for if u travel or crash at a mates.
Mine stunk of da boar funk badly so I suggest you go a couple of cycles of normal bath soap, then a detergent like handwash or shampoo before actually using it on your face. Maybe give it the first soak in dishwashing detergent and hot water overnight, then shake/rinse next morning, lather up some normal bath soap with it and just put it on the shelf to dry with the lather in it. When you get home, wash it out and then do the same with shampoo or handwash and let it sit for 24 hours, then rinse out and let it dry.

It's certainly very firm. I would not bother with shaving with it for about 2-3 weeks. Just face-lather some glycerine-based soaps to wash your face, and then maybe hit it with some Fat every few days.

It has no odour I can detect - maybe slight must?

I've loaded it up with Palmolive Shave Stick for tonight, I will give it a few treatments then use it for face cleanser work in the shower for a couple weeks, see how it goes.

Now waiting on:

Speick stick shaving soap
Conk Bay Rum Glycerine Soap
e-Shave sampler pack

Now waiting on:

Speick stick shaving soap
Conk Bay Rum Glycerine Soap
e-Shave sampler pack

All has arrived.

The Bay Rum has a nice smell.

I also got a sampler of the Geo F Trumper Violet shaving cream.

I've got a very nice cased GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf, a beautiful Ever Ready Streamline (the emperor of SEs) and a 20mm Finest fan knot arriving from the USA and the UK. To ease the pain of waiting for these and to just tide me over, I've ordered a stick of Speick from Menzbiz.

Last edited:
No, I couldn't wait. Aside from a tube of Prorosa cream, I've got what are considered the most boring, virtually scentless, el cheapo soaps you can buy at bargain basement chemists. And I'm pretty content with them but at the same time I just know that a sample of Speick would make me want it the moment I opened it up. I'm just cutting out an inevitable step. Nonetheless thanks for the very kind offer. The offer of the use of an SE is still there if you want to take it up. And yes, even under that helmet she looks hot.

I snavelled over 100 blades and some cream on ocau for ten bucks postage. W00t.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a very nice cased GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf, a beautiful Ever Ready Streamline (the emperor of SEs) and a 20mm Finest fan knot arriving from the USA and the UK. To ease the pain of waiting for these and to just tide me over, I've ordered a stick of Speick from Menzbiz.
Never found myself a streamline. I did find myself a 1912 made in england GEM set in a bakelite box, both with matching stropping handle and strop. Close enough ;) And GEMs made in england were rarer than ever-readys made in england, plus 1912s shave better ;)
Glad you got the MM clog-pruf though, great razor as I said before (and a bit envious of the streamline, stopped buying razors before I'd even heard of them.)

Well, the Russian blades have arrived. It too a week or so to work out shipping arrangements, however once the package was sent it only took 7 calendar days to arrive (posted on the 1st in Cali, arrived Mudgee on the 8th).

Drubbing already has some on the way for review, and I think a few of you will also see them in the near future.

Ordered another batch of 7OC Blacks from India, and then also grabbed a number of Gillette 365's at the same time.

Oh very nice.

PM me how much you want for a sampler mate, I am happy to make a donation to the site in order to get a few of these Commie blades.

Now have a package of Trumper Coconut creme (plus Violet sampler), Col Conk Bay Rum, and the eshave samplers to try.

Still searching for a good blade, still think the red personna's are a good thing so far (as are feathers by I prefer keeping the top of the little mole near my lips in place)

Ha that's almost the exact package I got recently, apart from the Coconut Creme.

I posted a thread/review about the Conk Bay Rum, but haven't tried the eshave samplers yet.

I just chucked in a Personna Barber to try today, lovely result with the TOBS cream.

I usually use the personna reds in the slim. But did have 10 GBEs to try in it and they worked really well too.
Later, much later, I may have to hit you up for some more GBEs or find a supplier somewhere.

So Jesmol, take this as another recommendation for GBEs in a slim.

I tried every blade that what was touted as worth trying two years ago, now many other brands have popped up as new 'hot' blades since. But I've tried all the gillettes, bic, dorco, croma, kai, israelis, WS, iridiums etc. but haven't tried many indian or other russian or asian brands like these or lord or medical prep brands etc.

I stick to personna reds for the slim, israeli super plat (crystals) for the older open comb gillettes like the NEW, astras for the superspeeds like red tip or 1948 type, and feathers for the feather DE or gillette Tech.
So really only have a stockpile of 4 brands, 4 blades I like in 4 different type of razors I use and the cheapest and easiest to get for each case. Though I have tried about 10 other brands, including all gilettes, only the GBE seems worth while as a new line of blade for me to buy.
It's a personal thing though, my brother liked the bics in the fat boy I gave him, (I didn't mind them, just found a blade ever so slightly better in the razor I liked better - preferred the slim over the fat boy anyway)

Last edited:
1 x Proraso aftershave

Soon ill be ordering 2 x 100 packs of feather blades...i love em :laugh:

Ok, wasnt going to buy anything else for a while. However, ive managed to go and buy myself the first good brush ive owned.

Bought it from Glenn himself via ebay. He makes the brushes using various burls of wood and sells them here :

eBay Seller: fineshavingbrushes

I spoke to him via email and had a red mallee handle, with a 24mm knot made up for me.

Ive got a pic of it today, but will post pics once its here.

Ok, wasnt going to buy anything else for a while. However, ive managed to go and buy myself the first good brush ive owned.

Bought it from Glenn himself via ebay. He makes the brushes using various burls of wood and sells them here :

Ive got a pic of it today, but will post pics once its here.

Purdy, those handles are special.

A huge brush though. Reading the specs his brushes are 24-26mm knots and 60mm loft. Could be fat and very floppy soft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.