Incoming packages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh, i wanted a large brush, and I got him to make it in a 24mm knot.

I lather in a bowl as well, so im not too worried if its soft as the brush I have now is a cheap useless POS. It makes lather ok, then you have to paint it on your face. Im expecting the same from this brush as far as applying the lather, but much better production. If its too soft, a rubber band will gather it up a little...

If its too soft, a rubber band will gather it up a little...
Surely that's some sort of aesthetic travesty? Won't someone think of the poor tree?

A rubber plumbing O ring would probably be a bit more subtle. I don't like doing it myself. I had to with my first thin, floppy badger, but the pedant in me hated seeing on there.

Ill learn to use it as is, or get a smaller brush later and use that as part of my kit, but im sure it will be good

More excuses to buy something later...:amuse:

A package turned up today of goodies that I scored for $10 from a member on another forum.

1 x TOBS Sandalwood soap in wooden bowl (near new)

Blades:

5 x Rapira (10 ea)
4 x Super Max Indian (5 ea)
1 x non-marked no name blades (5 ea)
2 x Derby Extra (5 ea)
5 x Shark Egyptian (5 ea)

Quite a haul.

I had forgotten all about them until I got home and a parcel was waiting for me.

I did think, based on how much he was giving away for so little money, that maybe he is getting out of DE Shaving.

Which made me wonder...what's he doing with his brush :p

EDIT: I got a tube of something.. I don't know what it is.

Arko cream in a white and green tube.

Anyone know what it is? I'm assuming it's post shave.

Last edited:
Just arrived:

Feather wing razor from Thailand and a pack of Feather Platinum blades.

Sampler pack from Mitzi - cheers mate.

Now I am just waiting on the 70 Gillette Darks to arrive from India.

Sampler pack from Mitzi - cheers mate.
Be careful with the fakeidiums mate, but really interested to hear what the shave is like with them as I simply cannot bring myself to try one.

I'd love you to attack the Voskhods first and then post up about how you find them.

I will have a crack tomorrow.

I chucked in a Dorca today and got nothing but grief...using eshave Lime which is a great smelling cream, good legs, but the blade was pretty ordinary.

So much so that I am not even going to go a second shave with it.

Anyway it isn't like I'm scrabbling for blades to use.

Got a bit in transit now.

500 x Schick Premium (Germany), see this thread
300 x Gillette Goal Stainless
200 x Astra SPs
400 x Rapira S/S

Only 1400 blades in transit ;)

EDIT: better add:
200 Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus
100 Medical Personnas
10 Gillette Silver Blues
120 Gillette Super Thin Double Edge Blades

So it is really 1830 blades coming now.... :D

Just arrived:
280 x 7OC Blacks
200 x Gillette 365

Last edited:
I won't tell you what else I have on the way then... but there is 3830 blades in transit.

I can see how a box holding 80 or so packs of blades is insufficient.

Maybe you need to use your spare room to store your gear?

100 Vokshods on the way

and a Gillette Slim too from the US.

Got my Slim today, how good are they !!!!

Great shave this evening ( I shave in the evening so the wife gets the most benefit not my co-workers :cool:), using the slim , vokshod and trumpers coconut

Got my Slim today, how good are they !!!!

Great shave this evening ( I shave in the evening so the wife gets the most benefit not my co-workers :cool:), using the slim , vokshod and trumpers coconut

If you think it was good with the Voskhod, then wait until you get some GBE's into that thing. You will finally realise why I rave about them.

I believe that the blades stocked by shaving.ie and the ones I sourced came from the same place. The supplier I got them from was in the UK... so Eire is fairly close.

They are also available at West Coast Shaving, and a couple of others too. dridiot has them but he is fairly expensive in comparison. The big news is that you cannot get 100-blade boxes anymore, just the single packs of 10 blades.

You wanted a complete sampler pack didn't you?? I'm back from Brisbane now so I can start compiling one for you.

Got my latest order from WCS;
Thayers x2 (alcohol-free unscented and alcohol-free cucumber)
GFT coconut oil cream bowl
Omega 81052 boar brush (for my Dad)

unfortunately, this was the contents of the GFT cream :( :( :(
20110324 (Small).jpg

At a rough (and conservative) estimate I'd say there's about 1/5th of the cream missing!
I've emailed John to see if there is any solution he can come up with the make me a happy customer again.

I've taken the plunge and purchased an item not directly related to shaving, but will be helpful.

On the way to me is a USB 500x magnification microscope. Perfect for blade reviews - and cost me less than $60. Hopefully it is good enough to show the edges much like the Squire Blade Reviews over at SMF, however it is pretty cheap and coming from hong Kong, so I am not exactly filled with confidence. I am setting the bar very low and hopefully I will be surprised.

With this, we will be able to see the differences between blades, blade batches, even fakes versus genuine.

Unfortunately Squire has been very quiet of late, and I even offered to send him some blades for testing but he never got back to me. So now, Paste & Cut will get it's own blade reviews!

Add to this:
200x Timor blades
200x Personna Platinum blades (Red Personna)
100x Wilkinson Sword Classic blades (German Wilks)
Geo F Trumper Violet shaving cream tube
Geo F Trumper Limes Skin Food 200ml
Alt Innsbruck Emulsion+Cologne sampler

In other news, my wallet just sued me for assault, and my credit card has filed for divorce.

Bugger me Joel are you eating bread & water to pay for these? Nice haul BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.