Information on Dr Harris Shaving Stick

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day P&C,

General question which I'm completely lost is Dr Harris shaving stick a triple milled hard soap does this means it last longer not quite the same as a 100 gram hard puck round soap, I understand the shaving stick is only 40 grams and I'm also aware the 100 gram will last twice as long than the 40 gram soap.

I already have a Dr Harris Windsor in a bowl when I bought it in England in West of London, as I not so sure about the shaving stick and I'm thinking of getting a Windsor in a shave stick before I go away as I've already got a Tabac shaving stick.

Cheers

I've got one of those in that fragrance. It's pretty hard. I can't compare it to the round puck, as I don't have one of those. But I suspect they are one and the same soaps. [emoji1]

I have a DR Harris Sandalwood stick which I use for travel - performs in a similar style to my Arlington puck. DR Harris soaps are rock-hard. Pre-soften and take a bit of time to build your lather, and you will be rewarded.

I have an Arlington (?) stick for travel and a Marlborough bowl.

Both great soaps which lather well with a bit of practice. The stick has never been a problem as I have a synthetic brush when on the road and the lather comes easily.

I find that the D R Harris sticks are a much more convenient size when traveling than the Tabac would be. It will last for ages so don't worry too much about that!

I found the Dr Harris sticks to be a fair bit of hard work in comparison to a lot of the other English travel sticks, that being said a bit of softening does produce a really nice lather given a bit of work. The triple milling as other have said is a big factor with the soap but also equates to it lasting a lot longer in my experience.