Injector with Feather Professional

veteran

Might be one I regret but tomorrow I`ll be giving this combo a run in an attempt to get some longevity and consistency in Injector blades. I will give a BNIB type L1 its first outing as it is supposed to be a little less aggressive than my type E/G Canadian. The blade cut down and shaping (no brainer) took all of 3 minutes and if there is a next time I wont bother with shaping the cut end.

Last edited:
I'm not quite with you with the cut down and no brain shaping bit. Don't you just inject the blades with an injector.

Feather professional blade is not an injector blade, but a long blade the size of a straight razor I think, like a disposable blade for a straight handle blade holder.

Eg if you were a barber and wanted to give people straight edge style shaves, but couldn't due to health and safety reasons use anything except a disposable blade, you can get a straight razor looking handle and blade holder, and these disposable blades to fit it.

The Feathers are about 1\4" longer than injector blades so you have to snap (easier and more accurate than cutting) them at the correct length. Then I used a bench grinder to reproduce the curve at the end of the snapped blade but I think you can get away with a square edge on the end. It was all too easy. I just hope the shave makes it worth it, sort of a mini Cobra Classic.

Feather professional blade is not an injector blade, but a long blade the size of a straight razor I think, like a disposable blade for a straight handle blade holder.

Eg if you were a barber and wanted to give people straight edge style shaves, but couldn't due to health and safety reasons use anything except a disposable blade, you can get a straight razor looking handle and blade holder, and these disposable blades to fit it.

My barber just snaps feather DE blades in half for his straight. So, if I'm getting this right these are Feather straight disposables being adapted for use in an injector.

Okeydokey, pics when I get time. Pablo is right, the Feather Professional blade (3-4 varieties) is a disposable straight blade sold in an injector pack for use in Feather Artist Club (FAC) and Kai Captain/Excelia straight type holders. The "pro" and the "guard" varieties of these are the correct thickness and width to fit in an injector when they are cut/snapped to the correct length. Pjotr, your barber is using DE`s in a "Shavette" holder, there are a lot of guys out there using them at home. Peeps have been using Feather Pros in injectors for a while, apparently because of the quality of the shave and the longevity of the edge, FAC users get as many as 10-12 shaves and injector shavers claim to get 6-10 +/-. For me this is an experiment of sorts, I like the speed and convenience as well as the quality of an injector shave but the blades are a pain. A percentage of NOS can be oxidised and no good ( up to a buck a piece here) , Personnas/Ted Pella SS PTFE are reasonable and cheap but mehhhh and Chinese Schicks are pricey , supposedly good but have to come from the US. I love my 1912 at home but I want the Injector for the road or when I need to save time.
Apologies for the ramble Gents.

Monumental FAIL! I must have pranged the blade at some stage of precedings, easy to do. Just kept skipping, tried to load a Personna in a hurry but another injector blade foible rears its head, Personna injectors are notoriously hard to load!! Luckily I had my trusty 1912 loaded and ready for action. 1912 saves the day again!! Will try again, must have buggered the blade when loading it.