Is this "Black Beauty" a "Q" date code?

RustyBlade

2018 Sabbatical
I read the heading as 1973 Quarter 2 Gillette ...

Yes the date code for 1973 is "T" and the number, 1 - 4, reflects the quarter of manufacture.

There are some reported "Q" date code razors, which in sequence would fall between 1970, "P", and 1971, "R", but others suggest that these are "O" date codes with a manufacturing mark in some cases.

If the date code is "T" then 1973 is correct, if it is "Q" then you have a unicorn :)
I agree with that as I too and not seen many Q1s and definitely no Q2s or higher anywhere.
Is this a manufacturing miss mark or post made as the shorter handle in this date range is very odd, as below?
http://www.paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/may-2017-acquisitions-thread.3880/post-101245

30cdff8170.png

ad2b15a799.png

Last edited:
I agree with that as I too and not seen many Q1s and definitely no Q2s or higher anywhere.
Is this a manufacturing miss mark or post made as the shorter handle in this date range is very odd, as below?
http://www.paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/may-2017-acquisitions-thread.3880/post-101245

30cdff8170.png

ad2b15a799.png

That is exactly what is debated - is this a machining mark OR a "Q" stamp. I've seen lots of debate in some of the overseas forums - not sure where they landed on it.

That is exactly what is debated - is this a machining mark OR a "Q" stamp. I've seen lots of debate in some of the overseas forums - not sure where they landed on it.
Clearly are Q1s as there would be more O2, O3 & O4s being Q's.

Either way, the Super speeds are lovely razors and a joy to use!

@Davec36 also apologies as the images that I posted earlier to your post may confuse your buyers.
GLWYS

Mine is a Q1 too.
Very clear...certainly not a machining mark.
So that is currently one Q1 in OZ, and one Q1 in NZ.
Anyone else have a Q1...we may have to start a 'Brotherhood'.

Mine is a Q1 too.
Very clear...certainly not a machining mark.
So that is currently one Q1 in OZ, and one Q1 in NZ.
Anyone else have a Q1...we may have to start a 'Brotherhood'.
Welcome to the Q club.. (mmhh may need to rethink the name).
Apparently there is a banner for this :X3:

Gather yours is a Super Adjustable 108?