J.A. Baczewski Vodka Monopolowa

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Apparently this rates internationally had has quite the heritage.

Has anyone any experience/knowledge of it ?

It's good. And that's a good price too.

Only ever been able to find it at Nicks and they never budge off $55/bottle.

How good, is good ?

Worth buying TWO or more at that sort of money. I am on my last dregs of the dotAU tonight, have about a couple of sips left. It isn't great but makes a good mixer. So I will be off to Uncle Dan's tomorrow or maybe just grabbing some Czar's original from my local on the way home.

I need to grab some of those 375ml Pravda gift-boxed bottles from the Campsie local if he has any left. Jims is out now. That stuff is right up there with the best.

Worth buying TWO or more at that sort of money. I am on my last dregs of the dotAU tonight, have about a couple of sips left. It isn't great but makes a good mixer. So I will be off to Uncle Dan's tomorrow or maybe just grabbing some Czar's original from my local on the way home.

I need to grab some of those 375ml Pravda gift-boxed bottles from the Campsie local if he has any left. Jims is out now. That stuff is right up there with the best.
So the dotAu is not one for neat consumption ?
Is that possibly due to being sugar cane based ?

What does this compare to ?

Heard good things about Pravda as well.

Or I could drop in with an Elyx for $55 and bring some blades at the same time for the pass around ?

So the dotAu is not one for neat consumption ?
Is that possibly due to being sugar cane based ?

I am not sure. It wasn't overly sharp, just didn't sit right going down for me. Had some smoothness but still had some bite. I am thinking maybe it was the texture of it.

I would say it is better mixing spirit, but you do so gently. Soda or tonic with a touch of grapefruit or OJ. That sort of thing. I would have likes to try a Soda & cloudy apple juice with a touch of mint too but ran out.

Certainly not worth the money they are trying to sell it at, but value at $35. The bottle is very nice too - very structural.

What does this compare to ?

Heard good things about Pravda as well.

There's two types of Wodka drinkers - those that have had Pravda, and those who haven't. That's all there is to say about it. Top of the line Polish.

And lets just say the old Jims price for Pravda was less than half the old going rate. They claimed $40 for the 375ml but it was regularly $45. There is still some of it around in the independent stores in Sydney at similar prices however Jims had most of it. The gift boxes have great tall shotglasses in them too. It's all quality - the juice and the accoutrement.

I see Nicks is stocking at for $60 per 700ml bottle. That seems to be good value - and probably stock from when the Pacific Peso bought more than a greenback.

Or I could drop in with an Elyx for $55 and bring some blades at the same time for the pass around ?

Hmmm tempting.... but I need to grab some Zytnia and various other bottles for stocking up. Never thought I would say this but I am out everything vodka. The 'Bloody Oath' stuff doesn't count. Haven't been game enough to try it yet.

Also a busy weekend coming - thats what happens when the kids were here last weekend.

Hmm, sounds like I need to source myself some Pravda, enabler ;)

Coincidence that the kids over on the weekend and out of wodka mate ?

As for apple juice, I can not highly recommend the below enough.
Great taste, natural and an Aussie company.
http://www.cedarcreekorchards.com.au/juice.html

Hmm, sounds like I need to source myself some Pravda, enabler ;)

Coincidence that the kids over on the weekend and out of wodka mate ?

Nah, just haven't bought any in ages. Was almost out when the dotAU arrived and now that is gone.

As for apple juice, I can not highly recommend the below enough.
Great taste, natural and an Aussie company.
http://www.cedarcreekorchards.com.au/juice.html

Reminds me of my Red Hill days picking apples and cherries at Delgrosso's. Mum used to pick there and took us kids to help on some days like school holidays or during Cherry season on weekends. Their juice is fresh squeezed on premises, but is fresh not hotfill and tastes amazeballs. Cedar Creek looks good though.

After working in the Juice/Spring Water industry I am a bit particular about my juice.

Last edited:
Reminds me of my Red Hill days picking apples and cherries at Delgrosso's. That is fresh juice, not hotfill and tastes amazeballs. Cedar Creek looks good though.

After working in the Juice/Spring Water industry I am a bit particular about my juice.
What haven't you done mate ?

I would be surprised if Cedar Creek disappointed.
Of the one's I've tried, it's the only one I recommend.
Anyhow, this Saturday morning, Warwick Farm racecourse markets, they've a stall there where you can purchase a single bottle of the different flavours to try, or find a Harris Farms store.

Hahaha not much. It was an IT position at the company, but did occasionally jump on the line or help out in the coolroom during busy periods if I was quiet.

The heating of the juice during pasteurisation basically cooks it. Cold fill (aka fresh) is heated and held there for 30 seconds then heat-exchanger cooled back to <10c in about a minute.

Hot fill they basically don't put it through the heat exchanger to cool it, just dump it into the bottle hot and put the vacuum seal on it, then try and get the temperature down as quickly as possible to minimise the 'cooking'. That said the bottles are solid and have minimal surface area to cool the product. Taste definitely suffers.

While most don't mind hot fill (shelf stable) products, the difference between those and fresh product is chalk and cheese. I prefer fresh any day of the week, and yes I can pick it double-blind.

Reading the information upon their page, which style do you believe theirs is ?