Jabonman Shave Soap

Great deal @Nonick as soon as I give the samples a test ill let you know. If its still available then of course.
I have that much soap now with more on the way i dont know where or how ill fit it in.

Ordered 6 test pucks of Stirling a few days ago also in various scents.
Thanks Adam, mate, save me from myself.

Yeah @Nonick mate, be true about running out if the Oriental Breeze by June….if that's all I had. (Un)fortunately it is but one of….just a second…16 full tubs or tubes of shaving cream or soap not to mention about double that in sample pots :oops: …I reckon my sabbatical could go until 2022 without issue….though I'd run out of blades quick smart, blades are my weak spot - soap/cream and AS are my strong point…or visa versa depending on you point of reference.

Thanks mate. I'll need to hear this mantra monthly and then weekly then daily as 2015 goes on. You guys will make it uber-difficult for me I'm sure….and some of you proudly I know.

But my cabinet is brimming and all my buying is done. I have one week left to order my last item for 2014 - a HG Pottery scuttle.

BOT: This Jabonman soap is extraordinary. I used my other main tub yesterday morning - Terra Humeida - unfortunately the blackout stifled all chances to document it. Performance was as good as the Oriental Breeze. Only the scent is really different. What did I think of it? Well to be honest, my first impressions remained - the first sniff is strong vetiver - not my cup of tea. But, like the Breeze before it, lathering changes the fragrance. The tones differentiated and you can detect a very subtle sweet almost floral note, and then there's a depth to the vetiver that goes fern-like. The more you slow-down as you get into the shave the more the notes in this fragrance come apart and then mix. There is a real maturity to the Jabonman soaps. They seem quite one-dimensional in the tub but seem to gain another two when you add time and water….(sorry @Mark1966 but then that's just this frustrated fiction writers take on the product - let's hear what you think mate).

Your Jabonmans only have three dimensions? Too bad, mine have at least 5. It's not too late for you to buy some samples of the 5 dimension ones..

I agree about the maturity of these soaps.

Your Jabonmans only have three dimensions? Too bad, mine have at least 5. It's not too late for you to buy some samples of the 5 dimension ones..

I agree about the maturity of these soaps.
Oh NoSchick you're such a sic-fi nerd aren't you?
…I'll look out for you in the next Beauty and the Geek

Got lots to trade but none of this soap is on the table…I'm seeing out my austere 2015 flanked by Jabonmans my friend.
That's ok, no need for it to be on the table, just as long as it ends in the post, I'm fine :)

Just recieved the 3 samples from nick in the post yesterday my heart skipped a beat when I realised my favourite scent of the 3 happened to be the one nick wanted to pass on. Tbh I haven't tried it yet but based on the reviews I've read on hear I know it is a winner.
Thanks again to nick.

I'm sorry you missed that once in a lifetime opportunity stills, $40, what a steal

Just recieved the 3 samples from nick in the post yesterday my heart skipped a beat when I realised my favourite scent of the 3 happened to be the one nick wanted to pass on. Tbh I haven't tried it yet but based on the reviews I've read on hear I know it is a winner.
Thanks again to nick.
My favourite also. Top soap and already a favourite. I shaved with it today. [emoji4]

I had a crack with my second tub (Violettas) the other day. Really impressed with this one, the scent is quite open and complex without any overwhelming floral notes. This soap seems to be slightly harder and denser than the Terra Humeda, and I made certain to load up my brush a bit more for my second crack at Jabonman. I was rewarded with an extremely thick and creamy lather, definitely equivalent to any good tallow soap. The cushion was fantastic, although the slickness I found with the Terra Humeda was somewhat diminished due to the thickness of the lather. A promising trait of these soaps would seem to be that they're quite tolerant of different water concentrations, enabling a thick and protective lather than doesn't dry on your face but also providing the options to make it thinner and slick without falling apart.

I also had a crack at the cinnamon and vanilla aftershave balm, which is really more like a milk. Huge mentol kick! This stuff froze up my face in a particularly good way, and it's slick and relatively thin so it spreads well across the skin and absorbs quite quickly. It left a slightly greasy finish but I've come to expect this from most balms and it wasn't really a problem. No post-shave issues like irritation or ingrown hairs resulted and my skin was feeling pretty decent, so the balm gets a thumbs up from me. I don't know if I'd necessarily buy some more, but that's only because it goes in the "very good, but not exceptional" box. Menthol lovers will like these, I suspect.

Great review Sam.
Mate when you say:
I don't know if I'd necessarily buy some more, but that's only because it goes in the "very good, but not exceptional" box.
Is this comment balm-specific or aimed at the Jabonman range, including soaps, that you've tried so far?

Just the balm. I like it, but it didn't wow me enough to consider buying some. I'd definitely consider buying more soap in the future though, they're going well so far.

Just had my first Jabonman shave this morning with the Vetiver scented soap. First impressions (scent wise) were average. I didn't think I would like it. But the performance of this stuff was second to none. The scent has been growing on me the past hour it's like a leather, earthy, liquorice all in one. Very impressed.

Just had my first Jabonman shave this morning with the Vetiver scented soap. First impressions (scent wise) were average. I didn't think I would like it. But the performance of this stuff was second to none. The scent has been growing on me the past hour it's like a leather, earthy, liquorice all in one. Very impressed.
Is that the Terra Humeda? If so, I don't much rate it in the tub but I love how the scents separate as they lather and mellow post-shave.