Jabonman Shave Soap

It's the vetiver citricos. That scent is seriously addictive. At first it's weird but it will continue to grow on you! I used it this morning.

Its very intriguing. Ive never smelt anything like it before, i doubt i would buy it again yet i cant get enough of it.... So I had to use it again this morning. Picked up strong scent of a very bitter grapefruit this time too. My missus absolutely despises the scent so that can be good thing and a bad thing haha.

I tried the Lima Incense over the last 2 days. Im really enjoying this one. It is more of a cream so im digging chunks out of my sample with my finger and adding it to the brush. I can still smell it 2 hours in to the day. Im not used to menthol in soaps/creams (other than proraso white) so this is a excellent summer change.
Tomorrow @Nonick sent me the ylang ylang sample so ill give that one a go too.

Double thumbs up! Anything with Menthol is great for summer.
Tomorrow @Nonick sent me the ylang ylang sample so ill give that one a go too.
I absolutely love the scent of Jabonman's Ylang Ylang. @Mark1966 got the tub of it and there were a few samples as well.

My jabonmans is breaking the laws of chemistry.
All the time i have had it, the lima incensio soap has been more of a gel consistency than soap, but now it has been hitting 36C+ and with high humidity it has turned back into a soap.

My jabonmans is breaking the laws of chemistry.
All the time i have had it, the lima incensio soap has been more of a gel consistency than soap, but now it has been hitting 36C+ and with high humidity it has turned back into a soap.
I have a sample of the Lima Intensio (Intense Lime) and it's terrific. Really great menthol, clean scent and excellent lather.

It is that funny consistency, but it's never gone higher than 36C+ in my home to make it solidify. It is a little weird but I assume that it's the menthol content.

Due to the generosity of a member here I now have an awesome selection of samples and wanted to add my reviews;

Brisa de Oriente

There has been debate about the need for a scent that the user really enjoys and for me, since there are many soaps with equally great performance the dividing factor is scent. So I started my testing based on scent. Brisa de Oriente I assume is a summer scent as it is fresh but has a lovely spice to it. There are flecks of something in the soap which I presume is actual spice? As expected the lather is top shelf. It is easy to build and interestingly light. It does not have a density I am used to but this does not detract from performance at all. It really is interesting as I haven't seen this before without loosing critical lather qualities. I will be interested to see if this persists throughout the range or is just this particular soap. I started with a shaken, but not wrung out 26mm Paladin. This proved to be too wet to start but continually loading the sample which had be pressed into a bowl soon brought the lather I like to see. Dense, peaky, no bubbles. Easy done and I had no need to add further water. I wonder if the lack of water needed is the reason why I felt this to be a physically light lather since added water, adds weight. I feel it could do with more glide but since this is the first use, and from a sample a little under loading maybe to blame here. I have enough for another go and I will load the remainder of the sample to see if I can get the glide levels I like (quite high). In all an excellent soap with a thoroughly enjoyable scent which paired very nicely with APR - Bay City.

Due to the generosity of a member here I now have an awesome selection of samples and wanted to add my reviews;

Brisa de Oriente

There has been debate about the need for a scent that the user really enjoys and for me, since there are many soaps with equally great performance the dividing factor is scent. So I started my testing based on scent. Brisa de Oriente I assume is a summer scent as it is fresh but has a lovely spice to it. There are flecks of something in the soap which I presume is actual spice? As expected the lather is top shelf. It is easy to build and interestingly light. It does not have a density I am used to but this does not detract from performance at all. It really is interesting as I haven't seen this before without loosing critical lather qualities. I will be interested to see if this persists throughout the range or is just this particular soap. I started with a shaken, but not wrung out 26mm Paladin. This proved to be too wet to start but continually loading the sample which had be pressed into a bowl soon brought the lather I like to see. Dense, peaky, no bubbles. Easy done and I had no need to add further water. I wonder if the lack of water needed is the reason why I felt this to be a physically light lather since added water, adds weight. I feel it could do with more glide but since this is the first use, and from a sample a little under loading maybe to blame here. I have enough for another go and I will load the remainder of the sample to see if I can get the glide levels I like (quite high). In all an excellent soap with a thoroughly enjoyable scent which paired very nicely with APR - Bay City.
I find the Brisa Cardamom heavy, and really enjoy it. Are you using the tallow or non-tallow version mate?

A couple of brief reviews now that I have had these for a month or so and shaved with them a fair few times. Probably worth a read for the observations on the fragrance design, the performance is of the usual Eufros excellent standard. Manuel has recently increased the strength of the fragrance in his soaps, if you have not yet had the absolute pleasure of using Eufros soap now is the time to order some!

Sandalo

Well, this is going to be a bit awkward...

This is a very nice fragrance and enjoys the usual superb performance common to all the Eufros soaps, a nice thick buttery lather with ample cushion and glide. The post shave feel is fantastic as the soap base contains a number of nice and very expensive oils that while being great for the composition, marginally contribute to the overall tone of the fragrance.

This is a tough one to review as I love Manuel's soaps and own just about all of them. The thing is with Sandalo, to be perfectly straight forward and direct I do not detect any Sandalwood (Santalum album) whatsoever. Rather I get a very pleasant note of Amyris Balsamifera also known as West Indian Sandalwood aka Torchwood and I also get some myrrh and possibly some Patchouli and in high probability a few other things also that give rise to an almost bright sweet accord. The fragrance however is excellent, it is a thoroughly enjoyable design that works very, very well and I plan on replacing my tub when it runs out. The design here is light and the fragrance composition could easily be used in Autumn through to Spring.

A very nice fragrance as usual from Eufros, however not one for the Sandalwood purists.

Agarwood
If you own or have smelled Tierra Humida or even Veitver Haiti from Manuel you will immediately know what I mean when I say this fragrance is elemental, what we have here is Agarwood or one of the many analogs and Agarwood alone. I like the nose on this, the deep caramel notes are quite nice and it's one that I will keep in the rotation as I also really like Tierra Humida and Vetiver Haiti. Working with EO's and more so Absolutes all the time it's rare that I get to shave with just one of them, usually they are in a complex technical design so I am thankful in many ways that there is someone taking 'individual perfumes' which is what EO's actually are and releasing them in soaps. There may again be some myrrh or a balsam in this, it is hard to tell as the 'Agarwood' is somewhat unusually broad from the Agarwood I know - my views on Agarwood probably don't matter really as I am in the minority.

This is not going to be a soap for everyone and many people will take a sniff and just exclaim 'Whisky! Tango! Foxtrot!' as Agarwood on it's own is very woody, dry and deep, it is generally used in a complimentary design due to it's nature - it offers superb depth but the top nuances of it are fleeting and most people will not catch them at all. Other people will love this, I certainly did if not for the fact that it is a one oil soap, the Agarwood itself is well, possibly Agarwood of some dilution and I suspect it may be an analogue or type but it is still close, particularly in a soap where fragrances do not overly matter as they are prevented from being fully and truly realised.

Probably not one to buy as your first Eufros soap, definitely one if you like Agarwood or just want something really unique.

I just came across a list of eufros/Jabonman LE editions to appear on 2018. I am not sure about posting it as it includes other forums, and stores, and i cannot find the site rules and my mind is not good enough to remember them...
Is it ok to post the list here?
cheers

I just came across a list of eufros/Jabonman LE editions to appear on 2018. I am not sure about posting it as it includes other forums, and stores, and i cannot find the site rules and my mind is not good enough to remember them...
Is it ok to post the list here?
cheers
Yeah mate. We don’t subscribe to that shit here :)

So.. then, I cannot speak of exact dates, and of course it may be taken with a grain of salt, as things change all the time but, for now, this is what I know:
Sin corte no hay gloria. Spanish wet shaving forum (in spanish, of course). AFAK it may not require to be a member to purchase, but when the soap is made, being on the list is a factor. It won't came soon, i reckon, as they are now dealing with a whickahm LE
Spanish shavers. A FB group. Here I have direct experience of purchasing in summer a LE without being a member (now I am in, but not really active)
Bullgose Shaving. I have no idea how it will work. I assume it would appear on the web at some point.
There may be at least one more, but certainly too early to know, or say anything.
cheers

In stock at Pasteurs too, has been for a while.

yes, I knew that. I have only been there at the newark airport, on transit, but I can imagine myself going with a given 'hen' for a couple of days and having a serious argument deciding whether to go to see the Statue of Liberty or make a visit to Pasteurs :censored: