Status
Not open for further replies.

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner
The usual caveats as stated in the plethora of threads before this one :)

As we wave goodbye to 2014 with mixed emotions and welcome in 2015, no doubt many of us are thinking about New Years resolutions.

A lot of the time we are living our lives abiding by an invisible script, written by our circumstance, peers, parents, friends, family and trends in mainstream media.
It flows all the way down through to what we eat, what we wear, how we act, who we date, where we work, what we study, what we drive and so much more.
So if there are things you want to change in 2015, then you need to change the script.
If you don't change it, then nothing is ever going change.
You've got to really mess with it and you can start with little things.
Drive a different way home.
Try a different food.
Book that trip to Japan.
Learn that instrument.
Date outside your comfort zone.
Reconnect and reconcile with your family.
Do a track day.
Do a course outside your skill set.
Read a book and start utilising that knowledge how YOU want.

Forget what the Internet says you have to do - you're the one who has to live with you every single day of your life.
You don't need loads of cash to achieve most of above and anyone who says otherwise is lacking true spirit.
One of the most memorable experiences I've ever had was taking a train trip to the Central Coast, and that cost $15 for a day trip that would change my life.

So my well wishes and advice for 2015?
Ask questions.
Make mistakes.
Ask some more.
Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty.
There is no true, all encompassing and entirely accurate step by step guide on how to live life that encompasses everyone.
Just get outside and make something and make it your own.
Everyone is on their own road learning their own way, and as they say, if you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.
Adversity has this incredible way of teaching us about ourselves and hi-lighting different aspects of who we are.

So take a chance.
Keep learning.

Wishing you all an amazing, safe and beyond BBS filled 2015.

borked

I thought I'd get up early and start these threads like a good Mod - but not early enough!

I thought since most of the membership are doing the sabbatical that this thread wasn't really required?

I really think the smart money is on doing a 'silent sabbatical' - that is tell no-one else about it but that way when .....I mean if come mid-March you capitulate and jump in on the 70% discounted group buy from Lapland for the Yak scrotum hair shaving brush with a butterscotch handle AND magnets!......you don't have to fear mocking from others. Just a slow burning caustic inner loathing.

Haha far better.

That sounds like a cool brush to promote YKW ....

That sounds like a cool brush to promote YKW ....
Yeah with the new meaner-lookin' badger logo upfront. So coooool, for certain, god-dang, yeee-haaw...YKW rules!
200.gif

These arrived today, the result of an online Christmas shopping expedition taking a slight detour.

20150105_165642_zpsfc55dd55.jpg
Ho! ho! ho! Late delivery by Santa!!!
Nice. [emoji106]

I have one of those things and have heard of two others.

I've got the 10005 on @Drubbing 's recommendation and it is pretty much my daily driver. Don't have a good badger brush to compare it against but I'm happy enough with it. My only qualm is the base is looking a bit rough - the tropics isn't treating it well.

I recognise the semogue and razorock but have never tried either. The rest of them (like most of the software I an setting here recently) I have never heard of before.

The rest of them (like most of the software I an setting here recently) I have never heard of before.
So did the Proraso Pre/Post and the QCS Key Lime arrive?

Nothing yet. Things seem to take at least a week to arrive from anywhere in Australia and then the office manager has to get enough motivation to get off her arse to the post office. So it could be another 10 days on top of that.

These arrived today, the result of an online Christmas shopping expedition taking a slight detour.

Nice haul, mate. Some really nice choices you have made.

This nice specimen arrived in the mail today.

c90fb4a3eb255e9470cd8ed4a93eb289.jpg

Good looking razor. [emoji4]

Just got my Express Post parcel...

I know it is not shaving gear but - I like it!

Thanks to you know who :)

Status
Not open for further replies.