January 2015 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good idea...
So the next P&C TB there is shaping up to be: Martin de Candre, Acqua di Parma, Shaver Heaven, Barrister & Mann...
Sounds like quite a choice!

Last edited:
Not shaving related but ....

Our existing F&P front loading washing machine was eight years old and starting to play up. After saying to each other that it is likely to break down completely later in the year after all the sales are over we decided to strike while the iron was hot and replace it now.

Based on our F&P experience we wanted a European brand as front loaders are the norm over there and ended up choosing this given our experience with their other products in our home and generally positive reviews -

As with previous white goods purchases we looked locally and online at Appliances Online. The online price was cheaper than local B&M shops and included delivery, basic installation and removal of old washer - THE NEXT DAY! The local retailers wanted more for the washer plus $55 for delivery (can't negotiate on that as this is what we have to pay the delivery contractors) another $149 for installation (which was probably a different contractor) and removal and disposal of the old washer was up to us. All of that from a disinterested 'customer service representative'. I would like to support local businesses but not when they make it this hard :(

After two weeks of use the consensus is that the new washer is quieter, washes better and is gentler on our clothes - happiness is a quality product doing its job well!
I feel like I should buy a ute and get a job selling washing machines. Offer 'cash price' and $20 delivery and free removal of the old appliance, a few 'old appliances', some I'm sure still work could turn into some good secondary income either via gumtree or a scrap yard.

Preaching to the choir here mate and most don't know that Harvey Norman/Domayne/Joyce Mayne stores are not company owned, yet are made up of several franchises.
Just for those who do not follow. It is my belief and I also believe what borked is trying to say that the each department in a store - bedding, electrical, living, or however they split it, is its own franchise even within the same building.

Just for those who do not follow. It is my belief and I also believe what borked is trying to say that the each department in a store - bedding, electrical, living, or however they split it, is its own franchise even within the same building.
Yay, Engrish me fail ? Not!

Got some Gillette Nacet (Russian made) for 0.7$ here on the street in KL.

Yep, blue ones are med prep. They should also have 'for hospital use only' or something like that printed on them. The white ones will just have 'super' printer on them.

No worries, Adam. Blue packets are the Preps. They are also stamped with "For Hospital Use". Hope you like them.

Great day for incoming goods for me today. Just recieved these tins this afternoon.
Brush, blades and soaps - all in a day! Now you just need a razor to arrive. [emoji6]
Happy shaving ahead for tomorrow!

Great day for incoming goods for me today. Just recieved these tins this afternoon.

Hmmm the Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper was a 'flavour' I was interested in!

Would go well with salmon though.
Cook the fish on a plank of cedar that either has an orange and BP marinade or sauce.

Post deleted - off topic

UMMM - BOT guys!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.