Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
What has the New Year brought you?

Lack of sleep. Fireworks going off all over the city. Such a responsible past time at this time of the year too.
Grumpy in 3 - 2 - 1 !!!!!!!

LOL - of course the question is somewhat rhetorical given AusPost is on holidays ...

While ferreting around on the bay, digging into forgotten corners and sifting through virtual garbage skips, I stumbled across this NOS Kenwa Kamisori and bought it. "Big deal", I hear you say. "So Draco has added another plain looking Kamisori to his collection - yawn".

side_sml_zps4pzlryxj.jpg

But it's not just another Kamisori - it's something I've never seen or even heard of before, and it's almost certainly as rare as unicorn droppings - a symmetrical, full hollow ground 100% Japanese made Kamisori :

front_sml_zpskclge28j.jpg

At U$100 I couldn't hit the Buy Now button fast enough! Now it's just a matter of waiting until it turns up. Needless to say I have very high hopes for this little beauty....

"Big deal", I hear you say. "So Draco has added another plain looking Kamisori to his collection - yawn".
It's never a yawn when I see your acquisitions! Amazing. What a find- congrats mate!

We ought to call you the Kamisori King!

While ferreting around on the bay, digging into forgotten corners and sifting through virtual garbage skips, I stumbled across this NOS Kenwa Kamisori and bought it. "Big deal", I hear you say. "So Draco has added another plain looking Kamisori to his collection - yawn".

side_sml_zps4pzlryxj.jpg

But it's not just another Kamisori - it's something I've never seen or even heard of before, and it's almost certainly as rare as unicorn droppings - a symmetrical, full hollow ground 100% Japanese made Kamisori :

front_sml_zpskclge28j.jpg

At U$100 I couldn't hit the Buy Now button fast enough! Now it's just a matter of waiting until it turns up. Needless to say I have very high hopes for this little beauty....
Beastly! Is the point ground off?

Beastly! Is the point ground off?

Not yet @khun_diddy, but it very likely will be :)

@Draco Noir That thing looks incredible. Great find!
I swear I should be shaving with a kamisori by now if i didn't find the idea of stropping and sending for hones as such a hassle.

@pyrokov, believe me, it's not actually a hassle at all. There is a great feeling of achievement in maintaining your own shave gear, and I'm sure that a number of the guys here would endorse that. @khun_diddy does it, and I'm pretty sure he enjoys it thoroughly. I see you're from Sydney too - that puts you in the same city as our one and only honing sensei @Mark. He has helped me immensely in mastering the basics of maintaining my shaving implements.

@Mark1966 and @Monsta_AU - thank you for the custom tag. I'm not sure I deserve it, but I'll accept it with pride :) Please don't think me ungrateful, but spell check the tag - it should be Kamisori, not Kamosori...

Last edited:
Good things will come to those you wait ;)

Anthony's post just made me check out another store & I can understand why someone told me to join the 2016 sabbatical when I first registered.... This hobby is a money pit albeit an awesome smelling & super smooth one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.