January 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20170203_072550.jpg

Spearmint and Vetiver. My first Whispers.

This morning my Martin de Candre turned up. Tucked straight into it and ..... wow. Just wow.

So if the Otoko is great shave and a rung or two above the Acqua Di Parma (itself no slouch), the MdC is a rung above the Otoko. Most comfortable shave I think I have ever had. The Fern (Foutere) scent is layered and a great match for APR The General Ledger.

I'll post some pictures when I work out which photo sharing site to use (iPhone anyone??)

On plus side the remaining Acqua di Parma is up for grabs if someone wants to experience it without shelling out $80. I might grab some little sample jars and bring them along to the Syd meet on the 11th, hopefully I can get there. Great croap the Acqua - classic scent.

Hmm, just a few items.
A Dulev SPUD.
A Mason Pearson brush.
A vintage (very likely Simpsons made) Geo F Trumper of Curzon St ( that will indicate timeframe for some here) brush.

Sorry, no pics so this never really happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, that's odd. I can't edit my post to include photos.

This is the Martin de Candre, together with the unbelievable packaging.

Fvlp1hA.jpg
V3YpGJR.jpg
j5ryKiU.jpg
vvkgUXT.jpg
JOpRyZl.jpg

It arrived filled to the brim. That little indent is from my finger trying to get what I thought was the top off! It wasn't a top, it was soap ha ha.

On plus side the remaining Acqua di Parma is up for grabs if someone wants to experience it without shelling out $80. I might grab some little sample jars and bring them along to the Syd meet on the 11th, hopefully I can get there. Great croap the Acqua - classic scent.

I should just point out that AdP dropped the colonia scent from their soap and label a year or two ago, that being said the replacement soap fragrance is still nice and it's quite easily one of my top 3 best soaps ever.

I should just point out that AdP dropped the colonia scent from their soap and label a year or two ago, that being said the replacement soap fragrance is still nice and it's quite easily one of my top 3 best soaps ever.

Is that what I have? The colonia? or is it the replacement soap? or did the packaging not change.

This is how much I have left.
hnm5jUa.jpg
Dt4N5q2.jpg

I tend to focus more on glide and cushion than scent. Comes of having an Celtic skin and a coarse beard.
I am very much enjoying the APR scents. They are changing as I use them - or perhaps I am sniffing better.

Is that what I have? The colonia? or is it the replacement soap? or did the packaging not change.

This is how much I have left.
hnm5jUa.jpg
Dt4N5q2.jpg

I tend to focus more on glide and cushion than scent. Comes of having an Celtic skin and a coarse beard.
I am very much enjoying the APR scents. They are changing as I use them - or perhaps I am sniffing better.

You have the non-colonia soap, the colonia fragrance was dropped from AdP a year or so ago and is now highly collectable.

If you look at the picture below, right below 'Palma' is the word 'Colonia' your tub does not have it...

HtEflxs.jpg

You have the non-colonia soap, the colonia fragrance was dropped from AdP a year or so ago and is now highly collectable.

If you look at the picture below, right below 'Palma' is the word 'Colonia' your tub does not have it...

HtEflxs.jpg

Thank you. Very informative. I like the AdP scent. And enjoy the quality container. Handling it is a joy.

Last edited:
Thank you. Very informative. I like the AdP scent. And enjoy the quality container. Handling it is a joy.

Personally I bought the AdP soap it's legendary performance and not so much for the fragrance of the soap, I have the AdP Cologne which is an immediate classic and the Italian barbershop fragrance. I shave with the AdP soap, apply the AdP aftershave balm, then enjoy a liberal application of the AdP Colonia EDT which is just bliss!

This morning my Martin de Candre turned up. Tucked straight into it and ..... wow. Just wow.

So if the Otoko is great shave and a rung or two above the Acqua Di Parma (itself no slouch), the MdC is a rung above the Otoko. Most comfortable shave I think I have ever had. The Fern (Foutere) scent is layered and a great match for APR The General Ledger.

I'll post some pictures when I work out which photo sharing site to use (iPhone anyone??)

I use imgur on my iPhone. Easy peasy.

I use imgur on my iPhone. Easy peasy.

Thank you. Yes that is what I just went with - I had a look at the meta on the images here and saw "imgur" frequently. You are right - it is easy peasy.

So impressed have I been with the MdC experience, I ordered a bunch of their soaps: they kindly included a 55g sample fern soap (foutere) with package. It has lasted very well - and the scent is terrific.

if of any interest to anyone they have their Colis Toilette Rafraichissante (or their 'Refreshing Toilet Package") collection reduced 30% to €55; the shipping is quite expensive so you may want to add a few items to make it worth while.

colis-toilette-rafraichissante.jpg

Included is 4 soaps 250 g: Lavender, fern, vetiver, thyme-Clove-Cinnamon + 1 x 100g of rose and 2 x 160 g of benzoin & milk. I got a couple and some little gift boxes of guest soaps for presents.

I like a nice soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.