January 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just about who is kicking up a stink at the time, animal welfare isn’t actually the concern but rather appearing to be concerned about animal welfare is.
My wife and I stopped eating pork about 6 years ago as at the time there where no real free range pork options commonly available and most of our animal products now are from the farmers markets which now ofcause is maximum hipster, fortunately there are better options slowly trickling in to supermarkets

I was for more than a decade a pescotarian in my younger years because of the horrible ways animals were held back in Austria - now they have some of the best animal welfare laws in the world.

I buy only organic when available and free range as a minimum, love spending time at markets and find the Australian laws regarding animals frankly beyond a joke: especially live animal transport and caging...

Just as an example: caged chickens (and eggs) are illegal in Austria and so is any live animal transport beyond the closest slaughterhouse...most really good products now come from mobile slaughtering.

I think the (premium) beef and lamb in this country is some of the best in the world, but most pork and poultry as well as dairy is still lagging behind...and we don't even want to think about processed meat products (including foie grass, but just simple salami and ham) - they are often still stuck in the last millennium ;)

If we had premium French Ducks and duck products available here, I would eat it at least once a week - probably more in winter :D

This arrived today,first "proper" brush. One thing about it that drives me absolute batsh#t though. Can you guess?
You bought one great looking to buy another myself
aPVYG9w.jpg

Thanks mate @Benjamin yeah it's going to be interesting as I have to bore out an existing handle to use it. Or get someone at work to finish our pet handle project.
You forgot the Abbate y La Mantia & WK A/S :whistle:
Should be busy until 20190101 :LOL:

Last edited:
I saw some of you guys using vape stands for razors and thought I would have a look for a vape case.
Handy for storing so they don't clatter about in the draw, I don't think they are held tight enough for serious transport. I think maybe I could have done with 2 to space them out a bit and I have a few more
do9XWdPm.jpg
ICiJ6rkm.jpg

I saw some of you guys using vape stands for razors and thought I would have a look for a vape case.
Handy for storing so they don't clatter about in the draw, I don't think they are held tight enough for serious transport. I think maybe I could have done with 2 to space them out a bit and I have a few more
do9XWdPm.jpg
ICiJ6rkm.jpg

Great idea and looks really practical. Might look into it too.
Unfortunately the resolution of the image was so low I couldn't zoom in on your lovely razors. Then tried to get the original Imgur image and ended up spending twenty minutes down the imgur rabbit hole reading unrelated shaving memes. :LOL:

Unfortunately the resolution of the image was so low I couldn't zoom in on your lovely razors. Then tried to get the original Imgur image and ended up spending twenty minutes down the imgur rabbit hole reading unrelated shaving memes. :LOL:
Nice to have somewhere to store them. Sorry the image is not good enough to zoom. The imgur original is not public, besides the best of my collection have their own little boxes.

So now people are complaining the images are too small ???:ROFLMAO::LOL:

do9XWdPm.jpg
ICiJ6rkm.jpg
Got a link to where you purchased it?

Status
Not open for further replies.