January 2019 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great little arrival from the generous @Chad this morning -

HnNSxQdl.jpg

I think that the note says it all too really!

All set now for -

ARKO! [for most of] February - only the courageous need apply

@Mark1966 you could not pay me enough money to use Arko for a whole month, I would rather not wet shave at all :)

My latest Shaving Soap to try, based upon the verbal recommendation of @RazorPlay at the recent Perth Meet-up.
I've always open to suggestions, particularly from a chap like @RazorPlay, who is both very knowledgeable and also prepared to think outside the box, not to mention a good bloke with a weapon of a motorbike.

K7KKN8m.jpg
Could we get a report on the performance please @TomG. Very curious to hear what you think.

My latest Shaving Soap to try, based upon the verbal recommendation of @RazorPlay at the recent Perth Meet-up.
I've always open to suggestions, particularly from a chap like @RazorPlay, who is both very knowledgeable and also prepared to think outside the box, not to mention a good bloke with a weapon of a motorbike.

K7KKN8m.jpg
Could we get a report on the performance please @TomG. Very curious to hear what you think.
N6Dp7K2.jpg

@nsavage and @SpeedyPC - will do when I get around to using it, probably in the next week or so.
A question to @RazorPlay, who put me onto this at the Perth meet-up - do you load straight from the bar, or grate the soap into a container?

@nsavage and @SpeedyPC - will do when I get around to using it, probably in the next week or so.
A question to @RazorPlay, who put me onto this at the Perth meet-up - do you load straight from the bar, or grate the soap into a container?

I do the same as I do for all my hard pucks - pick it up and rub it on my wet face. Works great for MWF too... Think of it as a short and fat shave stick which is quicker to load than the traditional design. This one is even curved to help get around your jaw !

Then I also load more into the brush from the puck in my hand. You can go nuts with the amount of product if you’re using a decent sized brush. As you know, this stuff is cheap enough! It all helps with the thickness, which is always where this soap feels “light” in use but if I ignore that, the results are there...

If you don’t use enough product or lather long enough though, the result will be will be a mess of airy bubbles and you will start questioning my sanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.