January 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail called today from the TSW

9-B176-DAB-F36-D-4471-9-E4-A-C5-EC3-F9-F965-E.jpg

Scent profile:- Sweet herbs, tobacco, and smoky leather.

Some blades arrived. The seller threw in the Wilkinson’s and the light brown pack of Polsilver. What are they??

h0RcE1kl.jpg

The Wilkies look like the good English ones - nice. The Polsilver are the older type from memory too (@borked?) and pretty

Oh, and what would one expect to pay for this haul? Out of curiosity...

I had some US homies spot these on a forum BST where the seller only wanted to post within Australia. $65 for the 170 wiza browns posted. He threw in the wilkies and other Polsilver. Someone elsewhere suggested they might be unicorn Polsilver.

Nice score!

Some blades arrived. The seller threw in the Wilkinson’s and the light brown pack of Polsilver. What are they??

h0RcE1kl.jpg
Wilke's are hard to assign to a particular make due to the packaging being the same or very similar.
Bottom polsilver are the older version of the top ones.
They're know as browns and don't have the protective costing the SI's do yet are a good score.
I've thousands iirc.

Congratulations on the Slim, I know you will enjoy it :)(y)

I think it requires 1000 blades in a single purchase, although I did negotiate well after they had been unsold on GumTree for 3 months
My understanding is 500+ vintage is the same as 1,000+ modern blades, thus I've reported your post for such a disgusting display of non polish blades ;)

600 Gillette Super Stainless (y)

RROTJzW.jpg

Surely deserving of one of those purple grand society banners?

I think it requires 1000 blades in a single purchase, although I did negotiate well after they had been unsold on GumTree for 3 months

My understanding is 500+ vintage is the same as 1,000+ modern blades, thus I've reported your post for such a disgusting display of non polish blades ;)

Nice haul indeed - and great persistence!

As @borked indicated the entry to the Grand Society is 500+ vintage or 1,000+ modern blades in a single purchase - so @Monsta_AU will hopefully bestow the 'honour' soon.

Glad that the Slim arrived safe and sound @astinus4 ! Enjoy the blades too - figured I could not send you the vintage razor without some period appropriate blades :) Pretty pleased with how that turned out for the minimal input really.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the Slim, I know you will enjoy it :)(y)

Yeah she was firm in those early days. Couldn't get her to budge because of her 'expert' information. Glad someone finally got some off her. I gave up as she was pretty rude in her replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.