January 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already have the prototype. A lovely bloke down in Tassie made them to my design years ago. They are CA coated. I might try a pair with a barrel at the pivot and use Renaissance wax and no CA this time. First to find a 1/16 brass barrel.
49965490503_2d8dfba9f5_c.jpg

Already have the prototype. A lovely bloke down in Tassie made them to my design years ago. They are CA coated. I might try a pair with a barrel at the pivot and use Renaissance wax and no CA this time. First to find a 1/16 brass barrel.
49965490503_2d8dfba9f5_c.jpg
3/32 brass tube will fit the 1/16 brass rod nicely. The one I have has held up well, but in my large rotation doesn't get over used. Sleeving it should solve the problem, its such a lovely wood and great for anything involving water but it is a little soft. I'm on the lookout for some ebony to try as well and will use the huon as a wedge.

Did a day trip to Geelong yesterday and a good 2hrs at the Mill markets. Disappointed to see not one safety razor, just Gems and old straights. There was tons of Avon but I have most and it was overpriced. I DID come home with this awesome Oland bottle full for $10. Harder to find bottle and huge.

Added to my collection of full bottles.

rake.png

I hadn't expected to be posting any shaving acquisitions until next year but Mrs Gargravarr clearly thought otherwise with this anniversary present (31 years today). My very own miniature fire-rake. I don't remember having mentioned the Hawk OC to her, so maybe she's more observant than I give her credit for. :p

I hadn't expected to be posting any shaving acquisitions until next year but Mrs Gargravarr clearly thought otherwise with this anniversary present (31 years today). My very own miniature fire-rake. I don't remember having mentioned the Hawk OC to her, so maybe she's more observant than I give her credit for. :p

Congratulations on your 31st and such a lovely present. What did Mrs Gargravarr get?
Have you considered changing passwords and looking for stalkerware 🕵️‍♀️ the digital version of woman's intuition ;)

Congratulations on your 31st and such a lovely present. What did Mrs Gargravarr get?
Have you considered changing passwords and looking for stalkerware 🕵️‍♀️ the digital version of woman's intuition ;)
Why, thank you. She got Jo Malone French Lime Blossom cologne, since I noticed she was down to her last skerrick. Prosaic male intuition at work there. :p No need to worry about stalkerware, she can't even remember her own recycled/insecure passwords, let alone hack my 32-character random alphanumerics...

rake.png

Here's too many more... Congratulations!

Why, thank you. She got Jo Malone French Lime Blossom cologne, since I noticed she was down to her last skerrick. Prosaic male intuition at work there. :p No need to worry about stalkerware, she can't even remember her own recycled/insecure passwords, let alone hack my 32-character random alphanumerics...
That's what she wants you to think

pPQa2FV.jpg

All you have to do is BREAK your SABBATICAL wifey agreement.

TdBmist.gif
Sadly I'd have to use up some more of my current soaps prior to adding any new ones and that's taking much longer than anticipated! :(
Certainly going to try Ethos Grooming Essentials in the future as by all accounts its a premium product. :bag:

rake.png

Nice! Congratulations on your anniversary.
Look forward to seeing how you get on with the Hawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.