January 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see what I mean, sooner or later @Razor Burn will break down and panic :LOL:
giphy.gif

N5Y6XiVm.jpg

95 X 7 o'clock SharpEdge blades from VSHOD. I think 1 tuck dropped out on the way. The box could've been taped a little better but I can hardly complain after all the extra tucks they've put in orders over the last couple of years.(y)

Just as a postscript- Received some additional tucks of 7 O'clock SharpEdge this week plus a Razorock shave stick. I let VSHOD know of the order shortfall but did note I wasn't worried about it due to all the additional blades they've supplied with previous orders. And of course it came by Express Post!
Exceptional service!

aMulHwh.jpg

aOZYUX0.jpg

H4HajhY.jpg

I actually knew about the discount before it was posted on FB. I keep an eye out for any possible discount every time I go to Coles. Might as well pull the trigger, it's only $21. Sold out at Burwood NSW, was in stock at Ashfield NSW. Surprisingly heavier than I thought it was going to be and that plating is thiccc. Much better build quality than the JTB razor sold at Woolies. The head is 100% MIM zamak (you can see the metal injection point on the top cap thread post if you look at it under a jeweller's loupe), so unfortunately, it's not like the Heritage with the brass post. That being said, how long is a $21 razor supposed to last?

aMulHwh.jpg

aOZYUX0.jpg

H4HajhY.jpg

I actually knew about the discount before it was posted on FB. I keep an eye out for any possible discount every time I go to Coles. Might as well pull the trigger, it's only $21. Sold out at Burwood NSW, was in stock at Ashfield NSW. Surprisingly heavier than I thought it was going to be and that plating is thiccc. Much better build quality than the JTB razor sold at Woolies. The head is 100% MIM zamak (you can see the metal injection point on the top cap thread post if you look at it under a jeweller's loupe), so unfortunately, it's not like the Heritage with the brass post. That being said, how long is a $21 razor supposed to last?

If it's any consilation, the King C Gillette blades are pretty good. For $21 its a decent buy considering your getting D89/R89 performance at half to 1/3 price. It is a solid and well built razor for what it is.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.