Jewellery

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
do you gents wear any jewellery?
If so what and is there a story behind it?

NO

Yes, I grew up and gold chains went out with body shirts when Lillee and Thommo retired. ;)
I don’t know what the above is...
I’m expecting UKsteve to be in the mister T vein.

Watch, Cross and two rings. Watch is purely for function although I chose it and do like it. Cross was a confirmation present from my mother. One ring was my Grandfathers wedding ring and is always worn. The other was my fathers wedding ring, only worn at the moment because he's only been gone for a couple of months.

Watch, Cross and two rings. Watch is purely for function although I chose it and do like it. Cross was a confirmation present from my mother. One ring was my Grandfathers wedding ring and is always worn. The other was my fathers wedding ring, only worn at the moment because he's only been gone for a couple of months.
I’m sorry to hear about your dad, I’m coming up on a year without my dad.

I always have my wedding ring, my wife and I both have very plain bands, when we where buying our bands we where still really young, low earning potential and had many responsibilities that drained some of what should have been our future nest egg, fortunately neither of us like big jewels, so that worked.
Generally have a watch, though mine are utilitarian so calling them jewellery might be a stretch..
And recently came across a vintage square and compass pendant, nice bit old pre loved jewellery to get a new life though I’ve never been big on chains..
qb3Sn3xl.jpg

I wear one platinum wedding ring. The story behind it is that I got married. It is inscribed on the inside in my wife’s handwriting “You’re my wife now” (which I didn’t know she had added)
The phrase is from The League Of Gentlemen character Papa Lazarou, a demonic circus master and wife collector.

I use to carry an awesome seiko watch that belong to my daddy. I was so loving it that he he gift it to me, and I got stolen in Tassie... Sometimes I carried in the past small chains on the neck, gold or silver, and an elegant one is really nice, but they are no cheap at all. My fingers still free of any "imprisoned" rounded "tag" but I am worried that day will eventually came xD

Just a watch for me but it changes around.

I've never been comfortable with things around my neck and years ago I worked with a bloke who'd lost a finger in an accident involving heavy machinery and his wedding ring.

I have 2 nipple rings an eyebrow ring and 4 earings in my left ear.