July 2011 Member Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
Well, it is a bit late, but finally the thread is up.

Only thing I have is a small lump of Cella which arrived today. Thanks Jugs!

200 Shark blades and 30 GEM SE blades. It's not worthy of picture given that it doesn't take up a sea container, the standard blade volume you guys take seriously.

Mailroom girl just delivered two packages that contained these:

IMG_0698_sml.jpg

Still waiting on the PermaSharps.

You will love those Permasharps. I think my skin likes them better than the blacks which tend to be a bit fragile, the first shave with them is always the best.

The Yellows are good and long lasting, although tend to fall off a cliff during my 4th shave and end up irritating me. I throw them after 3 now as I have plenty.

Yes, I think the Permasharps are the best of the two greens, although the Russian ones are not far behind at all.

I seem to recall it's by air but could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will love those Permasharps. I think my skin likes them better than the blacks which tend to be a bit fragile, the first shave with them is always the best.

The Yellows are good and long lasting, although tend to fall off a cliff during my 4th shave and end up irritating me. I throw them after 3 now as I have plenty.
Nice, hoping I can find a good 'daily' in this mix. I had my second shave with a 365 blade last night, I don't think I want to let it stick around for a 3rd shave. It's very mild, but felt a bit blunt on the XTG pass.

Moving on to try a yellow next, then the green, then the black.

I found the blacks to be my go to blade. Absolutely lovely.

I might get some greens to give them a try.

After trying to talk myself out of it and a few hurdles (superior shave website consistantly clearing my order, google checkout saying they don't ship to my country and finally not having enough $$$ in the debit account) I've pulled the trigger on a straight.
Dovo black 5/8 half hollow, just a basic "best quality", nothing fancy and one of the "russian leather"/linen Dovo strops.
Will consider a writeup/experiences (not promising aftermath pics) if theres interest.

Order placed tonight with Shaving.ie.

1 x Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream Bowl Selection
(Shaving Cream: Eaton College Collection)
1 x D R Harris Shaving Cream Tubes
(Select Scent: Arlington)
1 x Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Shaving Cream
1 x Alt Innsbruck Emulsion and Cologne Sample Pack
1 x 50 Astra Superior Platinum DE Blades

I'm actually nearing the bottom of my original bowl of TOBS Jermyn.

Such a gorgeous scent.

A K1 Gillette flairtip superspeed (hecho en Mexico)
SE ever ready USA
The ever ready is a new one on me as the lid is hinged on the front and flips forward:weird:

Pics will follow

1 x TOBS Eton bowl
I don't rate this as highly as the Jermyn St. Still good, just doesn't have the Vetiver Oooph of the Jermyn St. I'm probably going for the Shave Shop bowl next.

1 x Harris Arlington Cream Tube
Heard some good things about this. Seems to be cheaper than the TOBS too.

1 x Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Shaving Cream
I think you will like this, but surprised you didn't go for GFT, Coconut or Limes. Rose is also pretty highly regarded.

1 x Alt Innsbruck Emulsion and Cologne Sample Pack
I got this, the emulsion is fantastic but it does have oil in it. You can't shake the sachet to mix it back up. A little goes a looooong way. The Cologne is magic, great fresh scent. Cant go wrong with fresh tobacco and menthol :D

1 x 50 Astra Superior Platinum DE Blades
Just adding on yeah? Chris' prices on them are still decent, but BestShave is still the best.

I'm actually nearing the bottom of my original bowl of TOBS Jermyn.
Such a gorgeous scent.
I love my cream, but as time goes on I am disappointed with the aftershave which dries quite sticky. Hoping for a cologne, that would rock.

I have some Shave Shop soap, a PIF from a forum member elsewhere.

I like the fresh clean scent, but for now I want to explore other creams.

I'm pretty happy with my cream techniques and for now, I intend to dive into the differing scents.

Sandalwood has always been a favourite scent of mine and I really just want to try some Trumpers to see if the quality is as high as I expect it to be.

Monsta, as soon as I sent the order I knew that I would regret not ordering another Jermyn and yes, I already do. Sob.

I ordered the Astra Plats because, well, a decent price and I just wanted to add them in to the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.