July 2011 Member Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyhow the original premise was the existence of a very cheap block of Alum at an Indian shop somewhere in the Balga, Nollamara, Wanneroo, Westminster area.
:blink:
Westminster? Wot bollox. It's Balga. Even the people living there have been sucked into phoney de-boganisation. Nothing more than a flimsy state govt wacky idea; change the name and 'positively upside' the permanent real estate flat-line.

Yes, the alum is cheap because the locals have no money. Change the to DalMontNedlands, and watch nothing happen.
But mate, they built a bridge and everything for the Reid hwy over it to make it "not balga"...

Seriously though, if I didn't quit my job in 1998 and go back to uni I would have bought in that area, (nollamara), real estate definitely wasn't flat back then, it tripled in 6 years.
Sorry for the derail, but I'm not buying anything shaving related this month, but thanks for the head up on that indian shop. http://www.google.com.au/search?cli...rceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest They have a shitty flash website if you look as well.

Late edit, tried to find another indian shop in that area, I know there's one in balga/westminster as well, right in the center of westminster, next to a small IGA, (not the main princess dr shops with the servo and larger IGA in the middle of Balga, but right between that and Wanneroo rd) down the road opposite big rock toyota, behind the parks and way behind the shopping centre with HJ's and target on wanneroo rd that used to be called "pine glades" shopping centre. I have had no luck locating it though on google maps, but there's one there too. Might be here http://www.google.com.au/search?cli...rceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest But I really thought it was north of Arkana rd, but it may have been knocked down and not exist anymore I guess.
Edit: yes that other indian store is in wesmister, malar stores on canara rd next to the tiny IGA http://www.google.com.au/search?cli...rceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

Last edited:
Westminster? Wot bollox. It's Balga. Even the people living there have been sucked into phoney de-boganisation. Nothing more than a flimsy state govt wacky idea; change the name and 'positively upside' the permanent real estate flat-line.

Yes, the alum is cheap because the locals have no money. Change the to DalMontNedlands, and watch nothing happen.

Balga in all it's guises (let's face it anything east of the freeway and with Wannaroo as it's main drag is basically Balga) was for a long time one of the best real estate buys around. I think it's now back to flat line like everywhere else.

For all you out of Staters, there is a lot of suburb snobbiness in WA. More than most.

And I still haven't got anything shaving related coming in. Out of boredom I've started bidding on e-bay stuff. Just to drive the price up. I'm sure I didn't drive any prices up beyond what it's worth but it give's me a perverse pleasure to see somebody frantically counter bidding to stay on top. And then they get sniped in the last five seconds by somebody completely out of left field. I'll have to stop doing this as I'll one day end up with something I don't need. It's something nasty you can do without getting banned. Right up my alley.

Last edited:
For all you out of Staters, there is a lot of suburb snobbiness in WA. More than most.

True dat. Jokes aside, a lady I work with lives in Balga. She calls it Balga. Good on her. She has a job with a modest salary and has bought two duplexes in Balga. Does very nicely out of them too.

Balga in all it's guises (let's face it anything east of the freeway and with Wannaroo as it's main drag is basically Balga)

I'm east of the freeway, but Erindale Road is my main drag (Hamersley). I think there's enough of a buffer to be excluded from "the New North". I'll still mount up and run the gauntlet that is Dan Murphy's down in Field Gate Square.
I too was an Osborne Park hospital baby so I haven't gone far (apart from 8 years living in London). I actually knocked the house down I was bought home from the hospital to and built new. Ok, I've gone waaaaaay off topic, but we are in August so it's alright!

I'm east of the freeway, but Erindale Road is my main drag (Hamersley). I think there's enough of a buffer to be excluded from "the New North". I'll still mount up and run the gauntlet that is Dan Murphy's down in Field Gate Square.
I too was an Osborne Park hospital baby so I haven't gone far (apart from 8 years living in London). I actually knocked the house down I was bought home from the hospital to and built new. Ok, I've gone waaaaaay off topic, but we are in August so it's alright!

Haha I used to live in Fieldgate Square up until about 6 months ago... Was awesome having a Dan Murphy's walking distance, getting jumped walking there was less awesome :mad:

So I've got a fortnight of living out of a suitcase coming up. Office trips up north to Mackay and Gladstone, fkn woot woot. :blink:

So I used this email as justification to pull ze trigger on a Merkur travel razor, a Vulfix #406 and a nifty little eShave sample pack all from MensBiz.

Should be here within a day or two I think. :D

Geez, you Perth guys really are in my neck of the woods. I know the Indian place you are talking about and it's quite good for food stuffs. I also head next door to Veos for a continental fix. There's also a big Indian place on Hector Street West in Ozzie Park that I ride past that I also want to check out.

I drive past that every day, big arse Indian wholesale place.

Which is good; I hate paying retail for my Indians.

Which is good; I hate paying retail for my Indians.

There's no point, I can't eat a whole one anyway.

In on-topic news, I received my Floid gear - the Vigoroso and balm. Not hugely taken by either. The Vig is the same as the Suave, but well, more vigourous. I think it's either got more alcohol, menthol or both. Neither is really necessary. Lets you know whose boss after a less than skilful shave. Still damn good AS though.

The balm is pretty meh. It's a pleasant enough cream, non greasy, absorbs well, but the creamy, cough lolly scent doesn't feel right. Not gross, just not...right.

After getting and trying hunnymonster's Trumper pack I'm probably going to grab some sandalwood cream. The Trumpers was fine, but I'll try TOBS - they've never let me down. I'm also pretty smitten by Trumpers Sandalwood cologne. So I feel a wooden sandal thing coming on.

Still a few bits of free Trumper stuff left if anyone wants some. A bit is being sent off to one of the new members, but there's some left.

Last edited:
The big arse Indian on Hector Street has Godrej deluxe shave cream. Me likey for a couple bucks a tube. Not much else shaving related that I have spotted though...

Lots of cool stuff to browse through too.

Status
Not open for further replies.