July 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Souvenir, I can let that slide :)

Another victim...oh well is there any Sabbatical folks left standing?
It was always a condition of my sabbatical that I was allowed to buy things while away. AND it was only $2. On top of that I have paid pennance by using proraso white and a cartridge razor for the whole time I was away, now that is a challenge for you bunch.

I'm in, with the following caveats. I'll have to buy some aftershave balm at some point and I might find things in China/Hongkong in June which are too tempting.

I bought a china ebay mix badger (its mostly bore, i think it was only badger color IMO), a stand (that can also hold a razor) and a black bowl for AU$12. The brush has a decent sized knot and loft but was stiff as and smelled very bore'ish. Given it 2 shaves, need a couple of dozen more before i pass judgment. I have 2 BAMBOO NYLONS on the way, ill post how i like them but yours looked NOTHING like the one i got! dads rocking the one he has, but like i say, who knows what ill get this time apparently!

FWIW with the Chinese Bamboo handled brushes that were recommended by @srhardy but alas turned up (for me anyway) looking more like paint brushes than what was in the original listing - after lodging negative feedback and complaining the seller refunded $AUD2.50 on each one bought.

If like me you got the crap variant feel free to do the same as it was done ASAP - though they did request I revise my feedback and I very reluctantly put as positive but with no comments. :-/

Nick, ill have 2 more coming and will post what i get. I give these away, I also get the stand/bowl for presents for people to get into wet-shaving. I just got a MIX BADGER/STAND/BOWL for $12 and am getting a couple of uses in before giving away so i can review it.

TSr4T10m.jpg

Got my 2 "beard" brushes the other day. Have sent the seller a message.
Also got a Gillette Tech yesterday. Will add some photos tonight

WOW, thats nothing like the brush i got! Ive got another 2 ordered and if they look like this Ill be giving it away quick. Thats one long handle and one short loft! NOTHING like the one i got in my first order! China, not known for quality control or honesty.

Looks stellar!!!

Please give us more details about the knot and of course we need some lather pics!!!

2 band silvertip, 24mm knot with a 50mm loft. Feels great so far in the test lathers, will post a picture soon.

Just the scent. Can be used any time of the year. Will lift your spirits when skies are grey.
Ahhhh I see where you're coming from mate. Scents not to match the day but send you to a better one. Nice! I might break-out my B&M Solarion on Monday morning then....

Status
Not open for further replies.