July 2016 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a while but I finally purchased my first ever 35mm rolls :)
3 x ILFORD HP5 PLUS 400 B&W 36 exposures that I will use with my Praktica L2.

N5JilX7.jpg

That brings back memories. I used to work in the darkroom in high school tearing those film cart's open in the dark and loading them in stainless steel reels for the developing tanks. I guess everything sooner or later makes a come back.

Since May 17 this year when I stumbled into this wet shave mineshaft AKA Paste & Cut, I have spent well in excess of $650! I have so far found the pressing need to purchase 14 razors (mostly vintage Gillettes) and approx 570 blades, 3 brushes and......... I'm too embarrassed to continue! :(:po_O

Glad to hear as it makes me feel better/normal? If not, I guess we both proably need a time out.

Postie has delivered these shaving options today:
a6078a5b59cd3153dc03cd6784174615.jpg

Looking forward to trying them. Straight out of the box, the Toivo smells amazing. It will polarise for sure - it is an extreme scent. But hey, if you're getting a soap from Finland, why not go with the traditional product.
The Steampunk and Haslinger I have purchased on reputation; the Valobra after experiencing the amazing performance of their shaving stick.
Nice selection, @TomG! Where did you get them (Toivo and Steam Punk) from?

Great looking trio. Also a fan of the Pol-silver vintage blades I use them with my R-41. My 37C is starting in the early stages of Zamak rot under the head so when it reaches critical mass (a shame only a year old) I plan on replacing with an ATT slant. Only descision is an S1 or 2 I quess I leaning towards and S-1 but. Are you happy with the S-1?
If you really enjoy the R41 and the 37C the ATT might not be aggressive enough for you? I love my S1, but both the R41 and the 37C did not agree with me at all.

Maybe ask @Draco Noir for some guidance, as he might have more experience, but have you thought about the IKON stainless steel slant?

If you really enjoy the R41 and the 37C the ATT might not be aggressive enough for you? I love my S1, but both the R41 and the 37C did not agree with me at all.

Maybe ask @Draco Noir for some guidance, as he might have more experience, but have you thought about the IKON stainless steel slant?
I love the S1. It's one of my go to razors. When you use it, you will feel that it's a class of its own. Very precisely made, feels great and the audible feedback from shearing the whiskers is very good.

However, as @alfredus pointed out, my other go to razor is the iKon slant. A lovely shaver as well. I got a lot of guidance from @Draco Noir, absolutely agree with @alfredus to go seek advice from @Draco Noir.

I'm pretty excited to have picked up one of the new iKon X3 slant razor heads as soon as they were released. Pictures show the razor on an iKon Bamboo handle as I have not yet received the iKon Bulldog handle that I ordered to go with it. Can't wait to give this one a crack tomorrow!

GtAtNsU.jpg
Keen to hear your thoughts. I'm considering snapping one of these up soon...

Mail call. Just a smartphone photo at work. Apart from obvious stuff there are Maggard Razors MR1 Stainless Steel Handle (wanted to get MR11, but completely out of stock) and Omega 50068 Bambino Travel Boar Brush (for my travel kit).

Green Apple smells like green apple. :)
Northern Moss smells something like bergamot. Quite nice.
Expected more strong smell from Cologne Russe, but it's quite gentle.
And you all know Mike's :)

oaprpk.jpg

Mail call. Just a smartphone photo at work. Apart from obvious stuff there are Maggard Razors MR1 Stainless Steel Handle (wanted to get MR11, but completely out of stock) and Omega 50068 Bambino Travel Boar Brush (for my travel kit).

oaprpk.jpg
@dewynter - nice package of gear there. You'll probably find that the Cologne Russe opens up a lot more when you lather it up.

24MM Envy White supreme badger hair knot by Nathan Clark with a custom handle and bowl by Daniel Blake.

d646af65-4ecd-41b8-a805-6bb9e9247701.jpg

Brush.jpg

Looks beautiful - congratulations! Don't forget to post many pictures of the brush in action ;)

oaprpk.jpg
Love Mike's - but you already knew that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.