July 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a Squadron binge
mkPR5qfl.jpg

Thanks again @SchoolForAnts

Yesterday mail call:- Two packages below :happy:

From the Stray Whisker, thank you @shavetheman ;):p:D and another fantastic sexy soap @Peter Charkalis I can smell straight from the tub which are, tobacco leaf, tonka bean, maybe ginger, something spicy in the background and I'm not 100% sure there could be cocoa as well. :unsure:o_O:oops:

IMG_0356.jpg

Thank you @alfredus for the 26mm bulb Paste & Cut 2017 limited edition brush - PLATYPUS, as you may already know @alfredus I have two PLATYPUS in my den the 24mm fan and including the 26mm bulb from you.:D;)
Also a huge thank you from @Tony Forsyth for making these brushes for P&C 2017 last year limited edition (y):happy:

IMG_0357.jpg

Holy NUTS!! :wideyed: @Bozley82 please keep us posted on the Rocnel Sailor Adjustable, and could you please take another photo shot showing top head of the Dart with a DE blade, I like to see how the blade turn out so I could get a rough idea how aggressive the head turns out. Thank you (y)
Will do Speedy. I'll take a pic of the dart with the blade in for you tonight. :)

Mail Call today - thanks Ausfarce :)
IMAG0187.jpg

My Dart DE finally arrived and first impression's out of the box are great. Well machined, light weight & well sized handle but could've done without the chunky bit in the middle. Overall a beauty and can't wait to give it a try. My first Blankland's purchase and the experience was fantastic - craftmanship, availability & excellent customer service so check them out. (y)

My Dart DE finally arrived and first impression's out of the box are great. Well machined, light weight & well sized handle but could've done without the chunky bit in the middle. Overall a beauty and can't wait to give it a try. My first Blankland's purchase and the experience was fantastic - craftmanship, availability & excellent customer service so check them out

I bought one second hand from a BST the other day because the price was right, I'm going to drop a triad SS handle on it though as the Blackbird one is just hideous.

I bought one second hand from a BST the other day because the price was right, I'm going to drop a triad SS handle on it though as the Blackbird one is just hideous.
Yeah the handle's not that great but on the plus side it has some good weight and it's shorter than I was expecting, so here's hoping it shaves a treat... :nailbiting:

Yeah the handle's not that great but on the plus side it has some good weight and it's shorter than I was expecting, so here's hoping it shaves a treat... :nailbiting:

I'm seeing a fair few of them hit the BST's now that the hype has died down, which made me curious. I love my Blackbird, it shaves almost as well as both of my Wolfmans.

I'm seeing a fair few of them hit the BST's now that the hype has died down, which made me curious. I love my Blackbird, it shaves almost as well as both of my Wolfmans.
Surprised to see it pop up so quickly but then again with all the latest 'affordable' DE's (Timeless Bronze, RR Game Changer, Karve...) we're bound to see hype and disappointment. At least Shane offers 30 day return but not much help for us Down Under :( Interested to see what you come up with as the Triad handle should compliment the Dart very nicely (y)

20180727_152926[1].jpg
20180727_152926[1].jpg

This is the first time posting here with a hosted photo so please bare with me.
Two surprises in the mail today. The Yaqi brushes showed up with the Hybird head and a little brush stand. Also the rest of my Beard and Blade order. There was a little mistake with the original but Michael was very quick in sorting it out. Have five days of growth and I am looking forward to mowing it down with some of the goodies.

Last edited:
20180727_152926[1].jpg

Two surprises in the mail today. The Yaqi brushes showed up with the Hybird head and a little brush stand. Also the rest of my Beard and Blade order. There was a little mistake with the original but Michael was very quick in sorting it out. Have five days of growth and I am looking forward to mowing it down with some of the goodies.
I don't think that link is going to work. It didn't for me.
I'm not sure you can use dropbox links in the forum. (for technical reasons)
I use imgur.

20180727_152926[1].jpg

Oooh. I might have succeeded.

Instead of this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1imx32zapj53ebn/20180727_152926[1].jpg?dl=0

Try this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1imx32zapj53ebn/20180727_152926[1].jpg?raw=1

The difference is "dl=0" vs "raw=1"

Status
Not open for further replies.