July 2019 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i-S7npHNz-L.jpg

A thank you to @Rabid Badger on P&C. Timeless 0.38 Bronze with a scalloped top-cap.

Beautifully finished, the handle screws onto the baseplate with absolute perfect precision and feedback. Lovely weight, not sure if I will keep it polished or patina in the future. Might see if I can spray some car nano-sealant on it and stop the patina.

The shave? Paired to Astra (2nd shave) and smooth, smooth and smooth. Not as close or efficient as the Timeless 0.95 SB. Could perhaps almost compare to the 0.68 or somewhere in between. Angle very easy to find, slightly shallow. Don't go too deep. I forgot this was a 'first shave' and should have known better. Lost my attention doing a much too fast cross-chin shave and promptly the razor bites! So not quite as 'beginner friendly' as say a Rockwell 6S on R2/3.

Minimal irritation otherwise.

I like it. More so than the Rockwell... don't think I will keep the Rockwell at all. You could happily shave with this if you preferred razors a moderate razor. I feel it isn't as gentle as the blade gap suggests, perhaps due to the angle and exposure... YMMV.

i-S7npHNz-L.jpg

A thank you to @Rabid Badger on P&C. Timeless 0.38 Bronze with a scalloped top-cap.

Beautifully finished, the handle screws onto the baseplate with absolute perfect precision and feedback. Lovely weight, not sure if I will keep it polished or patina in the future. Might see if I can spray some car nano-sealant on it and stop the patina.

The shave? Paired to Astra (2nd shave) and smooth, smooth and smooth. Not as close or efficient as the Timeless 0.95 SB. Could perhaps almost compare to the 0.68 or somewhere in between. Angle very easy to find, slightly shallow. Don't go too deep. I forgot this was a 'first shave' and should have known better. Lost my attention doing a much too fast cross-chin shave and promptly the razor bites! So not quite as 'beginner friendly' as say a Rockwell 6S on R2/3.

I like it. More so than the Rockwell... don't think I will keep the Rockwell at all. You could happily shave with this if you preferred razors a moderate razor. I feel it isn't as gentle as the blade gap suggests, perhaps due to the angle and exposure... YMMV.
Congratulations, lovely razor and it seems you found something you really like. Quite magically sometimes when you score during that just works for you.
Personally like them shiny so voting for no patina :D

i-S7npHNz-L.jpg

Very nice @Kevy - congratulations!

Picked this up in the local antique store yesterday. All of $10. I think that it is a 1960s Gillette tech travel edition. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me with antique razors could help me out. It polished up beautifully. I think that it is Aluminium. The handle is way too small for my liking, but I tried the head with some other handles and they all fit really well. Happy days.

Not sure if I've ever seen this case with it, and definitely never have seen a bottle opener with it...

Great find for 10$ (y)

Picked this up in the local antique store yesterday. All of $10. I think that it is a 1960s Gillette tech travel edition. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me with antique razors could help me out. It polished up beautifully. I think that it is Aluminium. The handle is way too small for my liking, but I tried the head with some other handles and they all fit really well. Happy days.

It would be great if it could tell its story
What a great find mate good on you
Paul

Last edited:
Well my son borrowed my Timeless 0.68 plate, you guessed it, I did not get it back. Unbeknown to me the good lad ordered a replacement plate from Maggards. The tub of Stirling soap? I think it's his but plan keep it.:ROFLMAO:

5fYf2tyl.jpg

Finally the Schick Adjustable Injector has arrived from Greece. Pretty convincing NOS, comes with a blank blade installed and presents as new. Came with 5 Diplomat blades. Anybody had any experience with those? Use or put aside? Either way the razor will get a run tomorrow.:)

Mail called today and I thought it was the Karve SS Razor...... Sh#t! Still in hasn’t touched the Land of Oz

Does anybody owns the B&M 42, because, I cannot make out the scent straight from the tub, smell bloody weird on it own I think I’m going to vomit 🤢 ...quickly pass me a bucket

B3-B6-F99-A-9-D39-4-ED8-B00-E-81-A891-A8-D575.jpg

Last edited:
Mail called, it’s about bloody time :bored::happy:

Got B, C & D with 3.5” handle, I realised the brass version is heavier than the Stainless Steel and the balance feels FANTASTIC!!!

982-B6-E07-1883-482-A-BE46-FD3-D7-A9-D563-C.jpg
What serial number did ya get?

Status
Not open for further replies.