July 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail call today - thanks @Ozwhisker & AusFarce (y)
IMG-20200701-172310.jpg

Fantastic customer service and judging by the reputation, I'll be making some further purchases later this year :) And yes Stirling Bay Rum smells divine and first impressions of Black Cherry is its smells similar to Cella from the tub but more sweeter. Can't wait to give them both a true soon! :love:

Mail call today - thanks @Ozwhisker & AusFarce (y)
IMG-20200701-172310.jpg

Fantastic customer service and judging by the reputation, I'll be making some further purchases later this year :) And yes Stirling Bay Rum smells divine and first impressions of Black Cherry is its smells similar to Cella from the tub but more sweeter. Can't wait to give them both a true soon! :love:
Are you going to play Black Cherry with your wife, shaving her hairy legs, because, she’ll loves Chocolate Cherry Ripe while you are shaving her legs.

It’s a beauty...

The Parker R96? seems that value for money the build quality isn't too bad!

It's not top end, but seems pretty sturdy. I've also read that they aren't as 'mild' as others have made them out to be, which sounds about right for what I need. It's the chroming that looks a little cheap, compared to my DE89, it's a 5/10 in it's chrome finish.

Looking forward to giving it a go.

The Parker.. well, it was cheap, so why not? hopefully it's a nice razor, might even gift it.

Update: had my first shave with it this afternoon.. isn't the Parker meant to be mild? I teamed it with a feather and boy am I paying for it.. it's NOT a forgiving razor, that's for sure.

Tried other angles and still no good. Although, I got a BBS shave after 1 pass!

Update: had my first shave with it this afternoon.. isn't the Parker meant to be mild? I teamed it with a feather and boy am I paying for it.. it's NOT a forgiving razor, that's for sure.

Tried other angles and still no good. Although, I got a BBS shave after 1 pass!

If it's the same head as the 99r then no it's not mild. I'm surprised everytime these are called mild like a DE89. Very efficient but found a feather in it too much myself. One of my most efficient razors by comparison.

It’s about bloody time, mail called today after nearly 7 weeks of waiting for my order to arrive at my local parcel locker.

8-C36-DB79-5026-46-CA-B85-B-A9-EF8-F2-F9-F9-A.jpg

I'd be interested to hear how you go with the Petrichor. I love the smell of the real thing, but I can only imagine it takes a real artist to emulate that in a soap. No need to ask how it performs - the B&M excelsior base can't be faulted.

I'd be interested to hear how you go with the Petrichor. I love the smell of the real thing, but I can only imagine it takes a real artist to emulate that in a soap. No need to ask how it performs - the B&M excelsior base can't be faulted.
I’m guessing the Petrichor smell very similar side by side with my other tub I have in my den called the Wholly Kaw Tempest. Until I compare both tubs for each shave.

See link https://trythatsoap.com/collection/929/?product_type=soap

Last edited:

Just arrived this morning. Can't find any A&E soaps in stock, so settled for some B&M, first time trying it.. it's a lot softer than I thought it would be!

The Parker.. well, it was cheap, so why not? hopefully it's a nice razor, might even gift it.
B&M makes great soaps IMHO. The Barrister's‌ ‌Reserve‌ ‌Spice‌ is my personal favorite. The best lather with B&M soaps comes from adding more water than you might with most other soaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.