July 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPeanut

Grand Society
Happy as can be today!
Went for a drive today and ended up close enough to sniff out the blue devil shave co den.
Intended on getting 1 though, couldnt help myself they all just shmelly too good.
Then much to my wifes disgust i snuck in an order to the US for a shave bowl that hopefully gives me half decent lather.

51285255384_a5888964e5_c.jpg

Ok Im good for sticks.

Happy as can be today!
Went for a drive today and ended up close enough to sniff out the blue devil shave co den.
Intended on getting 1 though, couldnt help myself they all just shmelly too good.
Then much to my wifes disgust i snuck in an order to the US for a shave bowl that hopefully gives me half decent lather.

It was nice to meet you mate. Hope you enjoy the soaps.

At about $2 each delivered I’m covered for travelling forever if we ever get to do that again. I’ll get out the food saver and vacuum them up until needed.
I thought you were having a pinky buttocks problem, no wonder why you've bought 8 Lea lube shaving sticks for your traveling issue

Look what happens when your in lockdown for a week
PZtWI6M.jpg

A big ThanQ to @Mark1966 for enabling offering some of his personal stash of vintage razors, helping to select a few that might suit my preferences and for all the free vintage unobtanium blades.

Hopefully I have labelled these correctly:

Cased #58
zPcW63Z.jpg

Cased New Improved Big Fellow
7d28aLE.jpg

Fatboy - in awesome highly polished condition
dfdW4fo.jpg

ABC Pocket Edition - A beautiful ornate piece of shaving art
yp9BKrF.jpg

#15 Aristocrat - talk about enabling I only asked about this one
y9DDnXt.jpg

all the free vintage blades
et94vN0.jpg

also collected these two beauties while at the post office
AqWYQal.jpg

I think I need a bigger curio
4yZ1drZ.jpg

Thank you P&C and all the generous members (y)(y)(y)

51285255384_a5888964e5_c.jpg

Ok Im good for sticks.

Nice!
I did something similar and picked up 2 la toja, 4 lea, 2 arko and 6 Wilkinson sword sticks.

I sold the LEA as I wasn't a fan of the scent. La toja is mind blowing good as is the Wilkinson, but with a slightly boring (but pleasant) scent.

I also have 7 Speick sticks to go along with these.

The arko took me by surprise! I used one about ten years ago and for whatever reason, didn't keep it.

But I really like it and have asked my sister-in-law to pick-up 24 sticks for £15 from Amazon UK.

Nice!
I did something similar and picked up 2 la toja, 4 lea, 2 arko and 6 Wilkinson sword sticks.

I sold the LEA as I wasn't a fan of the scent. La toja is mind blowing good as is the Wilkinson, but with a slightly boring (but pleasant) scent.

The arko took me by surprise! I used one about ten years ago and for whatever reason, didn't keep it.

But I really like it and have asked my sister-in-law to pick-up 24 sticks for £15 from Amazon UK.
Ok wow, you'll be using stick until just after Australia comes out of Covid lockdown.

Look what happens when your in lockdown for a week
PZtWI6M.jpg

A big ThanQ to @Mark1966 for enabling offering some of his personal stash of vintage razors, helping to select a few that might suit my preferences and for all the free vintage unobtanium blades.

Hopefully I have labelled these correctly:

Cased #58
zPcW63Z.jpg

Cased New Improved Big Fellow
7d28aLE.jpg

Fatboy - in awesome highly polished condition
dfdW4fo.jpg

ABC Pocket Edition - A beautiful ornate piece of shaving art
yp9BKrF.jpg

#15 Aristocrat - talk about enabling I only asked about this one
y9DDnXt.jpg

all the free vintage blades
et94vN0.jpg

also collected these two beauties while at the post office
AqWYQal.jpg

I think I need a bigger curio
4yZ1drZ.jpg

Thank you P&C and all the generous members (y)(y)(y)

Soooo good.

Let us know how the big fella shaves. It's on my hitlist...huge razor for axeman from the looks of it.

A #15 is mandatory razor to own at some point imo.

That old type is ornate and gripy I'd say. Shave of the day reviews with all the blades. Trust @Mark1966 to sell just before June 30 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
The Arko does have a particular scent but it does perform like magic. I like the Speick, but havn't cracked my Wilkson yet and liked the performance of the Leia. I'll grab some toja eventually.

Speick is my favorite out of the lot, followed by la toja, then Wilkinson, arko and Palmolive.

I do have one lea tallow stick which I like. The scent is subtle but very nice!

Nice!

Bought a few sticks recently as well (La Toja, Arko and Spieck). I tried the La Toja last week and agree that it is as good as the Wilkinson. Also bought one Tallow Palmolive stick, partly for sentimental reasons. Many years ago, my very first shaving soap was my Father's half used Palmolive :)

Bought a few sticks recently as well (La Toja, Arko and Spieck). I tried the La Toja last week and agree that it is as good as the Wilkinson. Also bought one Tallow Palmolive stick, partly for sentimental reasons. Many years ago, my very first shaving soap was my Father's half used Palmolive :)

I bought Palmolive sticks for a similar reason...I used one over a decade ago but didn't keep one in my den as I liked other soaps better.

As it was one of the first soaps I used, I wanted a couple since the discontinuing in the UK. I was able to pick-up 3 sticks from a BST.

I keep tabac around for the same reason. I can't use it because it causes migraines but I still want it in my den.

Status
Not open for further replies.