July 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The platypus was before my time with P&C and the wet shaving hobby, so I've never seen or held one. I don't know what went into the platypus handle.
With this brush, it was very important the colours were matched as close as I could get to those in the emblem encased in the base of the handle. Got it pretty close I would say.
A little flattering to have my work described as resembling that of my brush making mentor @Tony Forsyth at TF Custom Brushes though :notworthy:. (even if it is a trick of the light:))
Thank you @Gargravarr

With retail now open in Victoria popped down to muji to grab something for wifey and got these drawers for my side of the bathroom cabinet to store my soaps. I kinda said to myself I can only get as many soaps as it fits…

…but it is stackable so I can always get more drawers :p

Btw that syringe is for transferring serums and creams. Nothing dodgy lol.
Its not for drugs but the serums and creams are just too good to only have on your skin

A couple of lovely brushes there, @MrPeanut, nice score. And great work as always @TroyTools. BTW, does anyone else notice a certain resemblance in the resin of the mixed metallic to the well-known Platypus brush? Or is that a trick of the light?

Yes, noticed that in a couple of blanks @TroyTools had ...

Mail call from @TroyTools our resident brush maker.
He did a beautiful job on some heirloom brushes for me.
Some tokens in the bottom from my now passed grandfathers so i can always hold them dear.
Plissoft knots in both, purple is 26mm and the mixed metallic is 28mm.

Im so incredibly happy mate, thanks a million you did a stunner of a job, "may" have cracked a tear when i saw them.

Nice!!

Kx27lAq.jpg

Late night Aliexpress order. There's going to a couple more of these the longer this lockdown (in syd) goes for. Artist club 'style' shavette. It's the black powder coat version. I originally ordered the silver version, but they got my order wrong. When I pointed it out, they offered me a $3.50 discount, which I guess is fine. The colour isn't going to affect the shave. I don't actually own any AC products or blades, so I have no idea how close this is to the real McCoy. I can say it shaves better than my Yaqi Den Shavette.

1X5k8XF.jpg

Blue Devil Shave Co soaps order. The free tuck of razors is a nice touch!

From giftsandcare. With shipping and a 10% code the A&Es worked out to be more than reasonably priced. The Nordic Shaving is pretty pricey per gram but hey, desperate to try. A quick sniff and it smelt more sweet than I expected. @StratMan did you want to try some? I remember you chimed in when I was searching.

105-FB87-C-7529-456-F-A017-FC230-ABEE2-DF.jpg

From giftsandcare. With shipping and a 10% code the A&Es worked out to be more than reasonably priced. The Nordic Shaving is pretty pricey per gram but hey, desperate to try. A quick sniff and it smelt more sweet than I expected. @StratMan did you want to try some? I remember you chimed in when I was searching.

105-FB87-C-7529-456-F-A017-FC230-ABEE2-DF.jpg

Nice pickup. It's a shame gifts&care no longer ship aftershaves anymore though. It's still nice to get a discount from such vendors and its good to see gifts&care still around.

Thread closed now - over to August!

Status
Not open for further replies.