June 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already had 2 uses, I'll be giving it a few more but at this stage it's not looking like a keeper.

I know just the person who'll gladly take that horrible, agricultural looking bit of equipment off your hands. His forum name suggests he hasn't got much hair so he must shave a lot and is subsequently not too fussed about what he uses. He even uses SE razors........ppppffffff......enough said.

8Ck0nYb.jpg

A very kind P&C member sends me not only a NEW LC but blades also. Awesome. 13 hours till shaving time...

It's not often you best @Mark1966 in a shaving related auction. We should really have discussed it here like g.... But I wasn't sure my bid was going to be high enough anyway so I kept schtum. As it is, if we hadn't bid against each other one of us would be $8.50 better off right now.
So "what piece of legendary razor related miscellanea did I beat the great o***u to?" I hear you wonder.
T'was these beauties on eBay Australia:
htYrad9.jpg

It's not often you best @Mark1966 in a shaving related auction. We should really have discussed it here like g.... But I wasn't sure my bid was going to be high enough anyway so I kept schtum. As it is, if we hadn't bid against each other one of us would be $8.50 better off right now.
So "what piece of legendary razor related miscellanea did I beat the great o***u to?" I hear you wonder.
T'was these beauties on eBay Australia:

Well played sir!

Did OK this month, Vintage Yardley shaving soap , vintage Potter & Moore soap and bowl, got some more Cella, some more St.Peterburg blades and last but not least my first opp shop shaving related finds ever. A nice unused C&E shaving scuttle, and a couple of good condition Techs. One a fat handle and the other the ball end.

I used to post stuff like that. And then I tried a few vintage blades.
Gotta agree. Got a couple of packs off @Mark1966 several months ago and IMO they give a smoother, more gentle shave. I don't use the DE much but my wife asks everytime I reload her razor, "Got any vintage blades? ". Enough said.

Did OK this month, Vintage Yardley shaving soap , vintage Potter & Moore soap and bowl, got some more Cella, some more St.Peterburg blades and last but not least my first opp shop shaving related finds ever. A nice unused C&E shaving scuttle, and a couple of good condition Techs. One a fat handle and the other the ball end.

Love the vintage Yardley soap - cool wooden container too!

but my wife asks everytime I reload her razor, "Got any vintage blades? "

Bloody heck you've painted yourself into a corner on that one! So yeah thats how it starts and before you know it she's going to be 'needing' Personna '74's for doing under her arms. :eek:

THANKFULLY I've adopted the 'treat them mean and keep them keen' matra with my Missus, who generally gets her lil Tech reloaded with my 4-5 shave old blades - hence if a new Shark SS or Derby lands in her razor she thinks all her Xmas' have come at once! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.