Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
June 2019 - another winter, and it arrived with a flurry (of snow) around Canberra this year.

r10_412_4022_2679_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

What shaving gear has come your way?

One day someone will be balsy enough to upload a shaving gear pic taken with a $5000 DSLR camera with bokeh edited in in post, and maybe a tastefully framed picture of David Hasselhoff looking over the shaving den...and on top of the shaving gear arms race there will be a camera arms race the likes of which no male grooming forum has ever seen.

Not plural, just a single toothpick.

My new r41 would have felt out of place on his first day of school if he didn't have a matching backpack to all the other r89 students.
6zlunk.jpg
That's a pretty cool razor holder - never seen one like that before.

That's a pretty cool razor holder - never seen one like that before.

Yeah it looks great, very minimalistic. I could have bought one that was a brush and razer holder but I thought it would look neater this way and match what I had already.

Last edited:
retail regret that hurta my soul after buying these. Glad I got them but damn...
So you have regrets but then you don't :unsure:
They look awesome from where I'm sitting.
Matching kit is the da bomb but once you get 50 razors matching stands are the least of your problems.
Not plural, just a single toothpick.

My new r41 would have felt out of place on his first day of school if he didn't have a matching backpack to all the other r89 students.
6zlunk.jpg
Jumping from a r89 to an r41 is not a small step. How you liking the increased efficiency?

So you have regrets but then you don't :unsure:
They look awesome from where I'm sitting.
Matching kit is the da bomb but once you get 50 razors matching stands are the least of your problems.

Jumping from a r89 to an r41 is not a small step. How you liking the increased efficiency?

It's amazing. One pass is like 3 plus touchups with the r89.

I've got to say my first shave with the new brush really didn't do it for me. But then as I was putting my stuff away I realised I missed a bit on my new sp made some more lather and it wad a lot better than when I first used it.

Even though it's synthetic it must take some breaking in because the volume of lather I got was pathetic and nothing I could do could increase it. Hopefull6 it gets better. Gonna have to wait 2 days to find out. After several passes with the r41 there isn't anything left to test on...unless I made more lather up just to see...but that would be terribly wasteful * devil emoji *

Last edited:
Still trying to work out how to embed photos on my phone.

Shaving acquisitions for June

Polsilver blades. Not sure I understand the hype. Prefer feather (sharper, higher quality) or Astra (smoother). These are in between but I didn’t feel they were as sharp nor as smooth. And almost sliced my finger trying to unwrap!

Florian from APR. An interesting scent. Almost exotic. Wife and I both prefer Fougiere trois.

1d0vy44l.jpg

This had arrived while I was away. The Schick G Type injector does not appear to belong to this case. I'm assuming they've found this G type in good condition (which as a far as I can tell looks honest i.e. as good as the picture suggests) and decided it would sell better as a cased unit, but the lid does not close as the razor is too long for the case and doesn't fit in the moulded razor bed for the same reason. I'm not too worried, the priority for me is a razor in good nick.

Plus with exquisite timing the blades (100) turned up from Connaught Shaving Supplies today.

Of course I explained to Mrs Pbgoose it's all @bald as 's fault and that he had been nominated for the enablers award which proves it.:ROFLMAO: Thanks @Mark1966 , that enablers award nomination for 'bald as' is gold, nearly as good as a note from my Mum. Mrs Pbgoose was last seen proposing some threatening post on P&C to all 'enablers' (note to self: ensure all devices are logged out of P&C).:unsure:

I’m told the new EJ 3ONE6 aggression is in between the Merkur (34C/38C) and the Muhle Rocca.

I’d say EJ’s description is spot on. Minimal blade feel and a smooth efficient shave. I’ve only used it with a feather, I would imagine with a blade less renowned for being keen, it will be near non-existent.
I’ve had all 3 of those razors you mention at some point, I’d say that’s a fair assessment. It would be very hard to do any damage to yourself with it, even for a novice DE user.
I specifically chose the aluminium handle to put the balance closer to the head and at nearly 100ml the razor handle fits my own preferences.
At £75 and with discounts available, overall I’d say it’s an excellent new razor in the market but with the caveat that my opinion as a straight user is worth very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.