June 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rare double mail call today!! Some variations in software for the high rotation modern stuff and then a practically full bottle of Avon Excalibur!! Love the stuff and so hard to get now.

Awesome. And came with the roof often missing like my one. Always good to get 6oz bottles as the premium for quantity doesn't seem to exist. Fan of Excalibur. Definitely a great winter scent and missing the powder/ musk explosion of other Avon.

Nice pickup.

More quality Stirling product from Artisan Arcade
Have wanted Bergamot Lavender since trialing a sample puck from @Rami in one of my first P&C trades

Damn, my wife is going to kill me. And it's all your fault. I'll make sure my executor knows, so expect a call soon, Holiday 😀

My two favorite scents on this planet, on a Stirling base. And I've been looking for a local supplier of those collapsible silicone bowls since before the lockdown. (I like the green too.) How come I've never heard of Artisan Arcade before?

Damn, my wife is going to kill me. And it's all your fault. I'll make sure my executor knows, so expect a call soon, Holiday 😀
Will he be ringing because you are leaving me the Stirling Soap Collection ;) Artisan Arcade owner is a member on the forum @Ozwhisker if you have any questions??

Will he be ringing because you are leaving me the Stirling Soap Collection ;) Artisan Arcade owner is a member on the forum @Ozwhisker if you have any questions??
Heh, no questions, just another order for him 😊

I suspect some of our executors might be in for a hard time offloading the thousands of dollars' worth of shaving hardware and software that many of us have. I like to be minimalist and keep to just a few razors and soaps, but it looks like lots of us have much more than they can ever use in one lifetime...

My greatest fear is that my wife will sell all my shaving and camera gear for what I told her I paid for them... :p

You haven't told her how much they have appreciated since you purchased them?

eXlwthG.jpg

My order from Beard&Blade came in, nothing overly exciting - 100 Astra Greens and a blade bank (y)

eXlwthG.jpg

My order from Beard&Blade came in, nothing overly exciting - 100 Astra Greens and a blade bank (y)
Astra Greens are fantastic for middle of the road everyday shave that works perfectly for nearly all razors as YMMV, you might want to grab some Astra Superior Stainless which is sharper and smoother than the Greens just about three steps above the Greens.

My greatest fear is that my wife will sell all my shaving and camera gear for what I told her I paid for them... :p
If you’re worried about your wife selling your wet shaving gear and your camera, make sure she gets plenty of ;) you know what I’m talking about and you’ve got nothing to worry about :happy:

1wftTyo.gif

I have two mail calls to post and would normally post them together but in this instance I feel that this deserves a post of it's own. My apologies for the spam.
This is a super belated mail call and I owe @Srdjan my sincerest apologies for firstly having not used this brush yet and secondly not posting when it arrived.

For context I received this brush back in March right at the time when the pandemic started. As the restrictions started to set in I started to exclusively work from home and I have shaved once in 3 months. In addition work has been ultra busy due to our customers having to quickly make significant technological changes to move from having 99% of staff working on site to at least 75% working from home which has also impacted my amount of spare time.

All of that being said none of these excuses are enough to excuse me from having not used this wonderful brush.

The handle is from That Darn Rob and the knot is of course from Srdjan of Rhodium Knots

Srdjan also deserves a massive thank you for putting in an incredibly unexpected and unwarranted effort in cleaning up a tonne of residual glue which was somehow left by the handle maker when they set the coin in the handle. Srdjan you are an absolute gentleman and I cannot thank you enough nor can I express how truly amazing the knot in this brush is.

For everyone else I highly recommend Rhodium Knots - Shave brushes and knotting services. As most of you are aware I have quite a number of high end Badger brushes in my shave den and the quality of the knot is right up there with the best of them and in addition the knots are priced extremely sharply with similar quality knots from overseas being considerably more expensive. You also cannot go past the service received either.

My apologies for the poor quality pictures which do absolutely nothing for the brush itself

ctGP3Bv.jpg

RPUEs5a.jpg

Mail call number two!

I was extremely slow getting on the wait list for this razor and by the time I did I was worried that I may never reach the top of the list. Fortunately I made it to the top and I am very thankful for having the opportunity to place an order.

Little introduction needed this is a Wolfman WR2 in the standard 0.95mm gap with a WRH2 handle. This is the basic polish finish and if there was no other option available I doubt you would know that you could actually polish it any further.

A few pictures and finally a picture of the happy Wolfman family (not as big as @alfredus Wolfman family :( but happy none the less :)

sXqE2l0.jpg

K4qDRRx.jpg

89mBZGf.jpg

I have two mail calls to post and would normally post them together but in this instance I feel that this deserves a post of it's own. My apologies for the spam.
This is a super belated mail call and I owe @Srdjan my sincerest apologies for firstly having not used this brush yet and secondly not posting when it arrived.

For context I received this brush back in March right at the time when the pandemic started. As the restrictions started to set in I started to exclusively work from home and I have shaved once in 3 months. In addition work has been ultra busy due to our customers having to quickly make significant technological changes to move from having 99% of staff working on site to at least 75% working from home which has also impacted my amount of spare time.

All of that being said none of these excuses are enough to excuse me from having not used this wonderful brush.

The handle is from That Darn Rob and the knot is of course from Srdjan of Rhodium Knots

Srdjan also deserves a massive thank you for putting in an incredibly unexpected and unwarranted effort in cleaning up a tonne of residual glue which was somehow left by the handle maker when they set the coin in the handle. Srdjan you are an absolute gentleman and I cannot thank you enough nor can I express how truly amazing the knot in this brush is.

For everyone else I highly recommend Rhodium Knots - Shave brushes and knotting services. As most of you are aware I have quite a number of high end Badger brushes in my shave den and the quality of the knot is right up there with the best of them and in addition the knots are priced extremely sharply with similar quality knots from overseas being considerably more expensive. You also cannot go past the service received either.

My apologies for the poor quality pictures which do absolutely nothing for the brush itself

ctGP3Bv.jpg

RPUEs5a.jpg
Damn thats really really nice! :eek: Congrats and enjoy the Rhodium as its a great knot.

Mail call number two!

I was extremely slow getting on the wait list for this razor and by the time I did I was worried that I may never reach the top of the list. Fortunately I made it to the top and I am very thankful for having the opportunity to place an order.

Little introduction needed this is a Wolfman WR2 in the standard 0.95mm gap with a WRH2 handle. This is the basic polish finish and if there was no other option available I doubt you would know that you could actually polish it any further.

A few pictures and finally a picture of the happy Wolfman family (not as big as @alfredus Wolfman family :( but happy none the less :)

sXqE2l0.jpg

K4qDRRx.jpg

89mBZGf.jpg
Congrats on obtaining the WR2 mate, she's a real beaut and the handle looks awesome! (y) Can't wait to give one a try one day...? Wink Wink @Nico :X3:

Mail call number two!

sXqE2l0.jpg

K4qDRRx.jpg

89mBZGf.jpg

[Yawn]

Another Wolfman huh.

#commonas

[Yawn]

Mail call number two!

sXqE2l0.jpg

K4qDRRx.jpg

89mBZGf.jpg
[Yawn]

Another Wolfman huh.

#commonas

[Yawn]
giphy.gif

Keep still @Mark1966 I’m trying to finished your bloody boring yawning Wolfman fingernails

Congratulations on your 2 spectacular new aquistions @nsavage (y)(y)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.