Karve aluminium

giphy.gif

Latest update.

The stainless razor is still progressing and I’m chip away at it bit by bit. They are coming!

I’m currently working on the guards. The way I make them out of brass doesn’t translate over to stainless, so this past little bit has been reprogramming the machining.

All the best,
Chris

Hmm, if I have a choice, wait for stainless. Hope it’s well priced tbh.

Saw this on the FB page - aluminium would be super lightweight wouldn't it?
Not sure I'd be a fan. Patiently waiting for the SS version, although I may cave in earlier and just get a Rockwell 6S or regular ol' brass CB Karve.
Not falling in love with my QShave Parthenon - serviceable but nothing amazing about it.

Not sure I'd be a fan. Patiently waiting for the SS version, although I may cave in earlier and just get a Rockwell 6S or regular ol' brass CB Karve.
Not falling in love with my QShave Parthenon - serviceable but nothing amazing about it.
You can't go wrong with the Rockwell 6S or the Brass Karve Christopher Bradley. Both highly regarded.

No he isn't especially if you can't stand the smell of copper, brass or bronze while you shave.
Inert metals only in my den :couchpotato:
I don’t have any issues with my brass Karve razor because I used toothpaste to keep it clean or any smell of brass issues, because you can’t be bothered to try toothpaste. Why? Because it’s too hard for you. Mr @RustyBlade lazy ass grasshopper :joyful:

Super lightweight yes aside from the materials issue of allum, waiting on the Stainless is highly advised :)

since the rockwell 6C I found that a heavier razor is for me.. def not interested in the aluminium, the stainless however........

Super lightweight yes aside from the materials issue of allum, waiting on the Stainless is highly advised :)
Nothing wrong with a modern aluminium alloy razor. Yeah sure they are light but they have a very high corrosion resistance and strength compared to the old days. Have a few razors that are aluminium and from memory 7075 series and one maybe 60xx series aluminium.
They don't have an odour and certainly do not corrode, oh sorry patina YMMV ;)
Don't let that stop you

Also be rather interesting to mix a brass plate with the aluminium cap and handle to change the behaviour of the razor.