Karve and the #E plate.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Finally received the stainless #E SB plate for my stainless Karve a few weeks ago.
Been using it for most of my shaves since as most of my razors are still locked away in storage.
I tried the #C and #D plates when I first bought the razor but wanted to try for just a wee bit closer shave.
I am a tad perplexed as the #E plate feels smoother than the #D, but it is giving a closer shave.
Dang...I may have to try an #F plate now.
I have now found the WR2 lurking in the gear we packed away so will give that a turn once the Feather blade in the Karve finally dies.
But I find it a wee bit strange that the #E plate feels so smooth. It must suit my ruggedly handsome face so well.
Anyone else gone to a more aggressive razor gap and found the shave smoother?

Finally received the stainless #E SB plate for my stainless Karve a few weeks ago.
Been using it for most of my shaves since as most of my razors are still locked away in storage.
I tried the #C and #D plates when I first bought the razor but wanted to try for just a wee bit closer shave.
I am a tad perplexed as the #E plate feels smoother than the #D, but it is giving a closer shave.
Dang...I may have to try an #F plate now.
I have now found the WR2 lurking in the gear we packed away so will give that a turn once the Feather blade in the Karve finally dies.
But I find it a wee bit strange that the #E plate feels so smooth. It must suit my ruggedly handsome face so well.
Anyone else gone to a more aggressive razor gap and found the shave smoother?

My favourite plates in the Karve SB are the #C and #F plates. For some reason #D and #E plates felt so similar that any difference, I could not justify swaping plates. The efficiency and smoothness to me felt almost the same. When I use the F plate I can feel the efficicieny jump, but the smoothness feels the so similar as the #D and #E plates with a fraction of blade feel. #F plate always gives me BBS without fuss.

#C plate to me is super smooth. I can throw in a feather blade and go into cruise control shave mode.

As a daily shaver #C plate would be is my preference.
For 3 day growth and beyond #F plate.

FYI - I don't have an overly thick growth, though what I do have are Iron Whiskers. I can blunt blades after 1 shave. :)

YMMV.

I found SB-E plate too aggressive and OC-D perfect. If anyone wants to swap their mild Brass "C" for an "E" :link:

The Karve with plate C has been out of stock at Stray whisker for ages. Just finding a razor to buy has been difficult.