Karve OC

JohnJohn321

O!....M!....G!.....!!!!!
Hi, my name is John and I'm a bit strange, I'm in love with a chunk of brass 😍🤣.
Just tried the OC-C plate in the Karve for the first time. Even with 5 days growth to deal with it was as efficient as the R41 and even smoother.
It was my equal favourite beside the 6S when I only had the SB-C plate, but now that I have a few plates to choose from it has taken the lead.
As tempting as it could be for some to stick with that and ignore the rest of the collection, I could never do that. So, they'll stay in rotation but I'll look forward to every time it comes out, which will likely more a little more frequently than any other.

Had the same reaction to OC-D. Like to hear how you go with SB-C/D

Had the same reaction to OC-D. Like to hear how you go with SB-C/D
I've had the SB-C for a while and it's one of my favourites as a daily, but I like to crank it up after skipping a couple of days or more which is why I wanted the other plates. OC-C was a huge win, next will be the SB-D tomorrow.

OC-C was a huge win, next will be the SB-D tomorrow.
Let us know how you go. I get the impression SB-D can be a bit aggressive.
Is it possible Karve OC are smoother and more efficient than SB of same level?

Nice!
I'm nearly the same.
I've basically settled on:
-Karve brass (D/SB & C/OC)
-Rockwell 6S standard
-Rockwell 6S Black
-Rockwell 6S standard in travel kit
-Merkur Progress long
-Merkur Progress standard
-A couple of Fatip razors on the way

The Karve and Rockwell are my all time favorites!
You can probably tell I love the 6S as I have 3 of the suckers, which I use on plate 5 or 6.

The Karve and Rockwell are my all time favorites!
You can probably tell I love the 6S as I have 3 of the suckers, which I use on plate 5 or 6.[/QUOTE]
My two favourites too, but I still use quite a few others because I like the variety. I could use either of those exclusively and be happy if I had to but I like the variety. They all have their quirks and that keeps it interesting.

O!....M!....G!.....!!!!!
Hi, my name is John and I'm a bit strange, I'm in love with a chunk of brass 😍🤣.
Just tried the OC-C plate in the Karve for the first time. Even with 5 days growth to deal with it was as efficient as the R41 and even smoother.
It was my equal favourite beside the 6S when I only had the SB-C plate, but now that I have a few plates to choose from it has taken the lead.
As tempting as it could be for some to stick with that and ignore the rest of the collection, I could never do that. So, they'll stay in rotation but I'll look forward to every time it comes out, which will likely more a little more frequently than any other.
Mate, not weird at all. I am in love with several lumps of brass and some Stainless Steel to boot.

I thought the stainless Karve #C SB was fine...but then tried the #D SB and that was better.
Now the #E SB is winging it's way to me from Canada.
Mind you I ordered this weeks ago (as Karve said it was 'in stock'), but their version of 'in stock' is not the same as mine apparently.
Anyway, the #D SB Karve shave is good. Shaves about the same as the WR2 1.15 DC just going by the face feel after a shave. Smoothness during the shave...WR2 wins.
I think the #E plate will be a tad more 'aggressive' (not really the right choice of word...it will shave a tad closer is what I mean).
Geez, I hope I don't find that I really want an #F plate next.

What blades are you using? My last couple of shaves with my OC-D have been with a Kai blade, and nothing short of sensational. Closest shaves I've ever had I think, or at least right up there. Give them a try.

I think the #E plate will be a tad more 'aggressive' (not really the right choice of word...it will shave a tad closer is what I mean).
Hopefully your review is so good it convinces someone to trade one of their boringly safe SB-C or D for an E over here!

What blades are you using? My last couple of shaves with my OC-D have been with a Kai blade, and nothing short of sensational. Closest shaves I've ever had I think, or at least right up there. Give them a try.
I use quite a few different blades depending on the razor, growth, mood. I also like the Kai & Karve combo a lot.
Some of my favourites are
Nacet
Voskhod
Astra SP
Kai
Polsilver
7 o'clock black
Treet Platinum
Gillette Silver Blue

What's the link? I don't have access to the BST yet.
Hi @JohnJohn321 wanting to trade Karve SB-E Brass for a lower plate C or D
I like to keep aggression down to none and prefer razors that can be used daily without irritation and the E is just a little too high and not as smooth or efficient as R41 for the aggro

@JohnJohn321 I'm with you in blade choice for the Karve (except for the Voskhod, and not yet tried the Treet).
The Kai, and Feathers are my favourite, folllowed by GSB, Blacks, Nacets, Astra SS.
However a real dark horse (so to speak) popped up in the last few days.
Just tried a Rubie for the first time in months, and what a great shave.
Smoother than the Nacet, shaved just as well.
For cheap but smooth try a Winner blade too.

@JohnJohn321 I'm with you in blade choice for the Karve (except for the Voskhod, and not yet tried the Treet).
The Kai, and Feathers are my favourite, folllowed by GSB, Blacks, Nacets, Astra SS.
However a real dark horse (so to speak) popped up in the last few days.
Just tried a Rubie for the first time in months, and what a great shave.
Smoother than the Nacet, shaved just as well.
For cheap but smooth try a Winner blade too.
I'm yet to try Rubies, but I've seen quite a few people saying they're liking them. I'm sure I'll get some eventually but I still have a few in my stash I haven't tried yet because I keep going back to my favourites.

Hi @JohnJohn321 wanting to trade Karve SB-E Brass for a lower plate C or D
I like to keep aggression down to none and prefer razors that can be used daily without irritation and the E is just a little too high and not as smooth or efficient as R41 for the aggro
I see, I'd been keen to try the E too but not to let go of what I have. I like the variety and I like aggressive, but not aggressive for the sake of it, it has to be smooth and efficient still like the R41.