Karve Stainless Steel razor coming very soon

I'm probably going to experiment with some local certakote people for my brass karve when the SS arrives. No idea what colours to do the plates though that won't look poxy if I mix with the SS handle and cap.

I’m thinking I’ll offload my 6S eventually once I’m certain the Karve in SS is the one for me
I'm thinking about selling my whole Rockwell 6S and 6C, because, I'm very happy with the Karve............... Or even my SS General SE.

Will see...... I need more time to decide :shy::shifty:

How do you rate the Karve compared to Vintage Gillette and Rockwell 6? The issue I had with the Rockwell could not get into Philtrum and Temporomandibular Joint without stretching.
Is the Karve likely to have the same issue?

I'm thinking about selling my whole Rockwell 6S and 6C, because, I'm very happy with the Karve............... Or even my SS General SE.

Will see...... I need more time to decide :shy::shifty:
:eek: Speedy selling his razors!? Has Hell finally frozen over? Seriously, what is this world coming to!?

*Looks at medical textbook.

Yeah I don't know what those are...

The hard to get "bits" between middle of top lip and nose, ear and jaw bone where sideburns grow.

I should grow a mustache and sideburns, problem solved!

Back to the question at hand. Can anyone suggest if I am likely to have the same lack of agility with the Karve as with Rockwell 6?

The hard to get "bits" between middle of top lip and nose, ear and jaw bone where sideburns grow.

I should grow a mustache and sideburns, problem solved!

Back to the question at hand. Can anyone suggest if I am likely to have the same lack of agility with the Karve as with Rockwell 6?
To your latter question, I get a much better shave with my Karve razor. It’s better for getting the top lip and my favourite bit is that my neck gets barely any redness which the Rockwell always gives.
It’s for this reason I never pick up the 6S these days

To your latter question, I get a much better shave with my Karve razor. It’s better for getting the top lip and my favourite bit is that my neck gets barely any redness which the Rockwell always gives.
It’s for this reason I never pick up the 6S these days
N6Dp7K2.jpg

Thanks guys, you are not exactly talking me out of buying one

How do you rate the Karve compared to Vintage Gillette and Rockwell 6? The issue I had with the Rockwell could not get into Philtrum and Temporomandibular Joint without stretching.
Is the Karve likely to have the same issue?
Man of my own ilk, am hearing you.
Once I see a blade tab hanging out I run for the hills. Once in the past I liked it because it meant the blade cutting edge was closer to the top plate's edge so you could get tight right under the nose etc. As some eariler modern razors went too far to cover up the tab and made a large gap from the cutting edge to the plate's edge so making it tough to get where you wanted.
Now more smarter designers came along recently and thought this problem out for guys like you and me. I have the RS-10 and am completely blown away why this simple design was never included as a general offering. The close tapered design around the tab makes it a dream to shave with. The killer razor out there, ask anyone out there @Rami
The Karve still has a blade tab hanging out just a little too far for me. Now some will say this isn't a problem. But I feel it is for me and my style of hair growth and shaving style. YMMV
I love my Gillette vintage razors but the blade tabs annoy me so much that I rarely get them out now especially the TTOs. Was interested in the Model-t but that want dropped pretty fast after production issues.

Thanks @RustyBlade. I do like perfect simplicity in design. I'll keep an eye out for a reasonably priced RS-10 T/H

Not impressed. After posts on Instagram stating that product will be available, and inventory on hand added to site, apparently there wasn’t any ready stock and there are delays. After the Rockwell fiasco, I’m not happy about the deceptive and misleading conduct here. Totally understand small operations, patience blah blah, that has no bearing on being open, honest and transparent. Colonial was coming out with the Silversmith pre-order pretty much same week, and the razor availability pushed me towards Karve. I don’t know if this was intentional or just ignorant on their behalf, but Occam’s razor would suggest which way i think it went down.

Not impressed. After posts on Instagram stating that product will be available, and inventory on hand added to site, apparently there wasn’t any ready stock and there are delays. After the Rockwell fiasco, I’m not happy about the deceptive and misleading conduct here. Totally understand small operations, patience blah blah, that has no bearing on being open, honest and transparent. Colonial was coming out with the Silversmith pre-order pretty much same week, and the razor availability pushed me towards Karve. I don’t know if this was intentional or just ignorant on their behalf, but Occam’s razor would suggest which way i think it went down.
giphy.gif