Review La Saponeria Artigiana shaving soap

nav1

Active Member from afar
2018 Sabbatical Fail
Got some of this soap with my large boar brush order from TVB shaving.
The scent is an exact copy of Boellis Panama (bitter almond oil) and is just as lovely! The Boellis was a tad too strong for my skin and caused some irritation so I did a patch test with this one and it was fine (the scent is also not as strong as Boellis, which probably explains why I didn't get irritation).

I've used it a couple of times and I must say, the performance is just wonderful! Maybe even better than Boellis (big call, I know!). I loaded about the same as Boellis, which is not much at all!! It handles a lot of water and creates a very slick and protective lather.

Post shave was great! Very smooth and not greasy (like most other croaps I've used in the past).

Overall, I'm super happy with this soap and it will definitely be in my rotation.

You can view the soap here...
http://tvbshaving.com/Shaving-Soaps/LA-SAPONERIA-ARTIGIANA-SHAVING-SOAP-REFILL-200-GR

I'm surprised this soap doesn't get ANY mention.

It's basically the dirt cheap equivalent to the uber-expensive Boellis Panama shave soap.
Same scent (although a tiny bit lighter, which is great!), same performance, exact same post-shave feel.

The performance is right up there to be in my top-ten of all time!

(It's a soft croap so don't load it like you hate it!)

A couple of triggerwords in your last posts for me unfortunately.
Sandalwood in Lea, and especially almond scents in this soap really don't do it for me.
Hopefully this isn't the typical marzipan type smell I think of when I see "almond" but if it is, it's a smell I can't abide.

A couple of triggerwords in your last posts for me unfortunately.
Sandalwood in Lea, and especially almond scents in this soap really don't do it for me.
Hopefully this isn't the typical marzipan type smell I think of when I see "almond" but if it is, it's a smell I can't abide.

It's a bit bitter almond scent but yes, you do get some marzipan scent in there.

The LEA is not so sandalwoody but more oakmossy with a sandalwood background.

I have this soap in the coconut scent.
Performs absolutely fantastically, but I find that the post shave is a little lackluster for me. Still, nothing an aftershave balm can't fix. It's on track to being the first soap I'll finish without cheating.