Ladies Safety Razor

TomG

Gentleman Shaver from WA ...
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Hi all.

A lady friend has asked for a recommendation for a DE razor for personal use. Not a subject I am a full bottle on. Before I re-invent the wheel, can any members offer advice on this query? Also blades that may have worked well - although we all know how subjective they can be.

Cheers,

TomG

The obvious choice would be the Lady Gillette

I believe the Leaf razor gets some love from the ladies...thinking of getting one for my better half as well...
https://leafshave.com/

The girls love the Leaf. Shaves better than any disposable or cartridge razors and zero plastic waste. Nico notched up serious brownie points with this one. :cool:

The Leaf comes with some blades, they are rebranded not sure what they are. Mr's Nico likes the Astra Greens blades.

Last edited:
Or the modern version of the Lady Gillette. The Parker 29L. Almost identical. I know a lot of women that use that model. Easy to get and around $40.

My better half uses a EJ DE89 type razor, she has small hands but says handle length is good for doing legs etc. So I'd be thinking razors with 100-110mm handles that aren't too aggressive might be the place to start/try. I'll add a pic of my wifes razor and she bought it after reading a womens review. I was going to buy her a Yaqi Stamford special edition "Orchid" because that open-comb mellon head seems only about a 1.5/2 out of 10 so a very safe shave, but turns out she hates pink so it was a no go for her lol.

Here's a pic of what she likes.

ZBtGIq3.jpg

Also considering for my daughter.
@Nico @nav1 are the girls still enjoying their Leaf Razors?
Aussie seller: https://www.biome.com.au/1020-safety-razors#/manufacturer-leaf

It's literally the best shaver for women! My wife loves it and I also use it when I get the chance.

The girls love the Leaf. Shaves better than any disposable or cartridge razors and zero plastic waste. Nico notched up serious brownie points with this one. :cool:

The Leaf comes with some blades, they are rebranded not sure what they are. Mr's Nico likes the Astra Greens blades.

I believe the blades are personna crystal blades. Pretty decent blades.

Thanks all for the advice.

Looks like the lady is going for the Parker 29L (the one she had already heard of), but I've passed on all the other options for her to ponder.

Cheers,

TomG

No worries, Paul.

There will be more for sure.

Cheers,

Tom