Lather Shots

50627138531_c808154ebd_b.jpg

Inspired by 1089 pages of lather shots I thought I'd try and replicate @alfredus load method.
Me thinks more practice required and an extra 5 minutes loading :).
I was surprised at how little soap was used and maybe even less than a quick 10 second dry load.
Splashed so much lather on chest and shoulders could have showered in-between lather and shave

zQF0Oq4.jpg

Inspired by 1089 pages of lather shots I thought I'd try and replicate @alfredus load method.
Me thinks more practice required and an extra 5 minutes loading :).
I was surprised at how little soap was used and maybe even less than a quick 10 second dry load.
Splashed so much lather on chest and shoulders could have showered in-between lather and shave

zQF0Oq4.jpg
Too much water from the get go...I actually start quiet dry and once I have a nice paste start to add more and more water...

Too much water from the get go...I actually start quiet dry and once I have a nice paste start to add more and more water...
What he said. (y) I give my brush a good hard squeeze before I start loading, (and loading plenty) and add no water to the soap. That goes in the bowl a little at a time until I like what I see. Listening to the noises your brush makes helps too. You'll hear a sort of slurping sound. Can't go wrong that way...

Edit: if you don't like how much time it takes to work up your lather, use your Rover bowl, I seem to remember you have one...:)

That handle is absolutely gorgeous one of the nicest I’ve seen :love:

thanks for the info too (thank u too @Gargravarr) my lathers with the badger is getting better but still have plenty room for improvement

I reckon I start mind a little too damp
+1 as that TF Customs handle is up there with his best work! :love::love::love:

Just a thought, you might need a slightly wetter brush for your MdC if it's as hard as they say. I've never tried it, so just guessing...

I got the MdC lather all sorted, its a great soap for sure and yes I start the lather a bit damp for this soap.. not really wet but damp and a very quick load of 8-10 seconds

After Saturdays watery effort which still face lathered OK I realised I had hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and when you think you have added enough water and 5 x more stuck in my head
Tonight, no additional water and just soak, squeeze and lather then a hand lather after the shave, just for the pic 📸

cdhzEi3.jpg
S7B1JHZ.jpg

What is happening here - nobody into lather anymore :cry:

W9nzvek.jpg

Mike's +Doug Korn

Honestly for myself, I would struggle with all extra camera work required. It's a struggle for me now just to get some SOTD pics. At least SOTD I can do the pic before the shave, then complete the shave process uninterrupted , then a day or more later post my results.

Honestly for myself, I would struggle with all extra camera work required. It's a struggle for me now just to get some SOTD pics. At least SOTD I can do the pic before the shave, then complete the shave process uninterrupted , then a day or more later post my results.
Mobile phone picture after applying the lather for the first pass and before picking up my loaded razor...literally 10sec interruption. My problem these days is, I often tend to forget :cry:

Mobile phone picture after applying the lather for the first pass and before picking up my loaded razor...literally 10sec interruption. My problem these days is, I often tend to forget :cry:

When I have an acceptional lather that looks great, I always think this would have been good for the lather shots thread.
Due to my current situation I have to complete the shave process, photos, posting with only 1 non dominate hand. Every SOTD pic I have to use the 10sec timer on the phone in order to take a picture because I cannot hold the phone and press the front of the screen at the same time.