Lather Shots

No bowl and nothing has changed in my technique...load and build on the puck (y)

Here are the 2 videos I always recommend:

Really good end result, but I just don’t have the patience lol. I’ve been using the following technique for a while:

1) 20 second puck load with a sopping wet brush
2) Pour soapy water on the puck into the middle of the brush hairs
3) 60 second face lather

This has been giving me consistently great lather with synthetic brushes, but not with badgers though (they retain too much water)

Once you know your soaps and brushes, you can take shortcuts getting to the right end results. The videos just show you the safe and secure version that works with every decent brush and soap combo ;)

49882528852_b8edd98a5a_z.jpg

z0Ummkz.jpg

30mm Yaqi Tuxedo w/ Barbershop handle.​

My new brush arrived and completely threw my lather game. I wasn't expecting the brush to hold so much water and soap - I kept going from too wet to pasty and back again, in the end I settled for something that resembled lather:oops:. I was still able to pull a decent shave though, just a bit more fiddly with touch-ups to get it up to DFS standards.

First impressions of the new brush is that it is BIIIG and of a better quality than the crappy Body Shop brush I've been using since I started wet shaving in 2012/13. The tuxedo knot has a lot less backbone but is denser and softer - it's definitely a winner for me. Also did I mention that it holds a ton of water?

Here are the 2 videos I always recommend:

After watching these two videos (Thanks Alfredus!) I had a practice with some Colonel Cronk soaps that I had given up on, and finally got a lather up! Then tackled the Wickham 192 'Citrus Musk' in a tiny 50 cent size tuck and it went much better than previously.

Frank Shaving Silvertip / Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk