Loads of handles! Lots of pics!

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
A while back I got the restoration bug in order to supplement one of my favorite knots (Golden Nib finest) which happens to be stuck in my first restored handle. It's ugly to say the least and was suitably named a Frankenbrush by Drubbing. Here it is in all it's ghastliness:

frankenbrush.jpg

I inquired about one of Marks brushes he had for sale and he came up with a very cunning plan. In short, a week or so later a struggling postman deposited a box full of handles on my doorstep which included a motley collection of very nice butterscotch handles and an unusual, very nicely made Boeckh's (love the name!) and some Ever Ready/Rubber Set style handles. Here are the butterscotch handles and Boeckh's (re-did the lettering on the Boeckh's) ready for completion:

Hoffritz Erskine.jpg

Culmaks.jpg

Made Rite Klenzo.jpg

Boeckh's I.jpg

Boeckh's II.jpg

Cracked handle.jpg

Will be busy for a while! Certainly scratched my restoration itch. Here's the little handle (above) I inquired about originally, now restored with my customary o-ring and used a couple of times. Love the little cracks. It highlights and breaks up the uniformity of the butterscotch colouring:

Cracked Handle Brush.jpg

Here are the Rubberset/Ever Ready handles. I'm not sure why there's such a following for these things. They were and always will be el cheapo drugstore boars. They fall apart when removing the knot, are made of flimsy thin plastic and are filled with mounds of horrible smelly black rubber based glue. And with their relatively big apertures (22-24mm) look daft with a big fluffy badger knot (see my Frankenbrush above):

rubberset everready etc.jpg

Last edited:
Are you referring to the last picture? It is quite an unusual one. It would clean up nicely and the logo might even come back with a bit of trying too as the imprint is still quite deep. I think it'll take a 20mm maybe a 22mm knot.