L'Occitane

dewy

Just curious if anyone has had any experience with L'Occitane's after shave products, I happened across one of their retail outlets yesterday and came across a cologne that I enjoyed, noticing they also had an aftershave in the same I'm curious if anyone else has use this before, at $40 for 75mL it's not entirely cheap to just give it a test :(
The product specifically I'm interested in is Mer & Mistral

Apart from the Plisson blush, I have purchased an aftershave, balm and body soap. They are all good quality and smell great.

Expensive, yes, but I only purchase when they have a sale.

Apart from the Plisson blush, I have purchased an aftershave, balm and body soap. They are all good quality and smell great.

Expensive, yes, but I only purchase when they have a sale.
In your experience do they discount often?
The young lady told me that the Eau de Toilette products are not often discounted but the 'others' (ie. after shave, body wash etc) do get discounted from time to time but didn't give much away in when and how often/etc :(

In your experience do they discount often?
The young lady told me that the Eau de Toilette products are not often discounted but the 'others' (ie. after shave, body wash etc) do get discounted from time to time but didn't give much away in when and how often/etc :(

There has been 3 sales in roughly the last 12 months. 40-50% discounts are applied to select items, never store-wide. They will apply to a particular after shave and particular balm but not to the others. The discounted balm always smells better to me anyhow :)

As for Eau de Toilette products I don't know - they are never on my shopping list.

What I reckon is if you love Mer & Mistral aftershave balm then just go for it - life's too short for 40%

The scent of Catie's Bubbles LPV was a copy of Baux by L'Occitane. I like LPV...

I have their Cade shaving soap. I like it very much. It's a hard soap that produces a lovely lather. Scent is nondescript but pleasant. It's not expensive either, around $14 for a puck from memory.

The Cade shaving soap is wonderful and it is occasionally on special online (you can subscribe) but I have never seen it on sale in the shops. Mind you I don't frequent them very often.
The balm is also one of the best out there but I find the C&E to be it's equal. I have never seen the l'occitane balm on special whereas the C&E frequently is, so C&E wins this round.

I tried a sample of the balm.
Worked well the one time I used it.